Plain Invasion Weekend

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will definatley be there again this year great location well done guys save space for 4-5 Landrovers from us. We can put on a display to the public and do our Living History bit if you want it for the Saturday.

The Road run was one of the highlights of our season last year so looking forwad to that again might be brave try the wet route!

Would you like to mention it at the Dorset MVT meeting Tuesday and drum up some other vehicles? Any other help needed just ask....

Thanks

Steve

118th signalsregiment

http://118thsignalsregiment.blog.co.uk/2011/03/10/show-report-bournemouth-aviation-museum-vintage-transport-day-10803806/

Hello Steve, funny you should ask about your display. Phill and myself were walking around the area talking about you and looking at asking you if you would be up for a display. All I can say chap, bring anything you can, you are more than welcome. Please feel free to put the word out mate if you think some of them would be up for a day out.....

Tony.

Edited by plainmilitary

Sooooooo looking foward to this.

Gonna bake loads of cakes and tell loads of stories:cheesy:

Rich, you keep them cakes and stories coming mate, Was the funnest night I have ever had. Just a quick heads up on our LWt Landy, she is alive, running and moving under her own power. Pete's Dutch LWt will also be up and running again very soon, so we will have two of our own finally.

Tony.

PS, Rich don't forget to bring your fire power with you. planning a small arms display this year....

Rich, you keep them cakes and stories coming mate, Was the funnest night I have ever had. Just a quick heads up on our LWt Landy, she is alive, running and moving under her own power. Pete's Dutch LWt will also be up and running again very soon, so we will have two of our own finally.

Tony.

PS, Rich don't forget to bring your fire power with you. planning a small arms display this year....

hope pete will be up and running

Hello Steve, funny you should ask about your display. Phill and myself were walking around the area talking about you and looking at asking you if you would be up for a display. All I can say chap, bring anything you can, you are more than welcome. Please feel free to put the word out mate if you think some of them would be up for a day out.....

Tony.

It nice to be thought off, I will see the others Tuesday will have a chat and see what we can come up with! Im sure we can bring a few bits and pieces to display no problem.

Steve

Quick update chaps.

Have finally got the logo from our new partners on this new look Plain Invasion weekend. I think I can say now that the new site for us to camp will be Middle Wallop. Lots of things happening behind the scenes this end. Apart from the camp site we have and indoor display area and an outdoor display area that we can fill up with loverly big boys toys. I am currently in talks with the Middle wallop Historic Flight (MWHF) and arranging for them to bring over there collection of airworthy fixed wing and rotory flying things. The collection consists of,

Auster AOP mk9.

Skeeter AOP mk12.

Bell47 AH mk1.

Alouette 2.

Scout AH mk1.

Chipmunk T10.

Beaver AL mk1

At this moment in time I am just trying to get them for static display only. Along side this I am also going to try my luck and get some modern bits.

Apache.

Lynx.

Gazelle.

Bell 212.

Islander.

Grob.

Have spoken to the chap at the wallop recruting office and a good chance we could have two Gazelle cockpits and a recrutment team working with us.

The indoor display area at the moment has a host of WW2 gliders and bits that we can make some very nice displays with. Also in there is a Scout, Chipmunk and a huey Cobra. If you have a vehicle that might look great with any of these artifacts please feel free to drop me an email. The outdoor display area will be for the bigger bits of kit. Again if you have anything that would grab people and bring them to the museum then please drop me an email.

The display day will be for the saturday as we do our convoy run over salisbury plain on the Sunday. We are planning a Sunday display for those who don't want to take there vehicles over salisbury Plain. This will go on the amount of vehicles that attend. Camping and food charges as normal guys.

I will be posting lots more on the PIW web site just as soon as I get it finished.

All the best guy, many thanks for your continued support and here's looking at a new and brighter future for the Plain Invasion Weekend.

Tony....

This sounds fantastic just adding additional Aircraft will attract a lot of enthusiasts I will post on a few Aircraft Websites once you have some firm details I'm sure the Museum will do well from this.

Do you think the we could get the Army Historic Flight Airborne at all would add great Interest?

Cheers

Steve

Edited by 118thsignalsregiment

Hello Steve, at the moment I am just asking for a static display. What i am hopeing for is they might offer a quick display. I totaly agree with you mate, it would be great to have a flying display but I think it might be out of my price range. Still like they say, it's not what you know, it's who you know 13.gif

If there is any very rich people out there that would like to see the Middle wallop Historic flight flying, please send your cash to me or Steve19.gif

The good thing is steve. If we can get a good public turn out for this year, the AAC might help us with more the following years. I have a few contacts for both AAC cabs and RAF cabs of which I will be calling sometime over the next week or so. Also got a few freinds kicking around Tiddy, Bulford and Larkhill I'm going to be contacting. You never know mate, might even get a few modern vehicles turning out. What I don't want to do is charge in with all guns blazing and backing them into a corner. I was always told, slowly slowly catch the monkey. Don't ask me why I was always told that, we don't have any monkeys on salisbury plain25r30wi.gif.

I will take anything they offer us at the moment and try and do something with it. I'm sure some spanners will be thrown in the works along the line, but the main thing is, we still have Dave on the cooker, rambo and his cakes, the drive out over the ranges and guys like you supporting us all the way......

I was always told, slowly slowly catch the monkey. Don't ask me why I was always told that, we don't have any monkeys on salisbury plain25r30wi.gif.

tony just rember what happened to steve last year when he started winding me up about my regt mate:D:D:D:nut:

No chance of blagging some transport from the likes of 19 Sqdn RLC is there?? He asks VERY cheekily!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

(got a feeling the civvy heavy commercial guys will be priced out of the market by then....)

Don't you mean 19 Tank Transporter Squadron, the guys who did the transport for the Queens Pageant

• 1 month later...

Hello chaps, just started working on the new PPF / Plain Invasion weekend forum. Still bits to sort but we are live, Please feel free to pop over and throw some idea's into the mix for the weekend, or just stop in for a chat about the weekend and Museum.

http://plain-invasion.proboards.com

registration is free and easy to use...

All the best..

Tony.