War & peace show 2011

hope to be going to w&p this year we normally stop in a near by hotel and enter the show around 3 days as day visitors . only down side going to have to pay gate price for our 3 year old toddler this year ! so for me and my wife and toddler £50 pound + per day :wow: better get saving , :undecided:

You have to have been a member for the last two years, if I recollect, Robert.

Correct Richard! I just checked the booking form and it reads:

IMPS members with two years consecutive membership are entitled to free entry for their MV only. Each vehicle entry entitles you to two adult and two child pases (3 - 15 inclusive) and a campsite pitch from Friday 15th July to Monday 25th July 2011.

Can you drive an MV?

There are many people that have collections of vehicles that attend the shows. My close family has 9 vehicles (2 adult and 2 children per vehicle) and just 5 drivers. I know of others that are short of drivers as well.

For instance I have 3 land rovers, and only need passes for me and my two sons. Under W&P rules I could get passes for another 5 adults and 4 children. All I need to do is state which vehicle of mine they will be with on the application form.

You have to have been a member for the last two years, if I recollect, Robert.

I know you have to have been a member for 2 years to book in a vehicle, but I thought that IMPS members could walk in the front gate with ordinary visitors. I remember doing this in the late 1990s before I started taking a vehicle to the show. Just wondered if this concession was still valid.

I know you have to have been a member for 2 years to book in a vehicle, but I thought that IMPS members could walk in the front gate with ordinary visitors. I remember doing this in the late 1990s before I started taking a vehicle to the show. Just wondered if this concession was still valid.

Robert,

Ah, I see what you meant, I was assuming entering a vehicle. I think there is an allocation of a certain number of free tickets for club members coming as visitors, at least that is what has happened in previous years, you have to apply for them.

I think your memories of late 90's would have been when it was the IMPS show, things altered when it was taken over.