Oz floods

ArtistsRifles

Don't know if any of the forum members are from Queensland but it might be nice at this time to keep the inhabitants of Queensland, Australia in the thoughts and prayers. An area bigger than France and Germany combined is currently under flood water and many people are dead and even more missing & unaccounted for. The damage to property and infrastructure has been likened to post WW2 Europe with roads and rail lines washed away as well as houses and business.

A lot of my brothers from the Regiment emigrated out there and most are in the police force - they are working the clock around to keep order and save people. I heard from one last night - the water flow is so bad that getting to people in RIB's is dangerous in itself. On a lighter note he said he wished they had some Stalwarts down there a they would be invaluable right now...

Anyways - if you can remember these people please do so - they are going to need all the help they can get in the immediate and long term futures as it will take years, maybe decades to restore the State. And of course - lost loved ones cannot be restored.

Thanks for that with family having to evacuate from their home and still not noing the damage it is harting to no that this small world is watching. Even down here we havent stoped having rain and tropical weather ie humidity, every thong is damp. We are not happy campers at the moment but the drought is OVER.

We have close friends who live in Queensland. I have heard from them today so know they are safe but they have lost friends :cry:

They have sent me video footage of the local area on facebook and its terrible what these folks are going through.

Thoughts and prayers going out to all involved.