Maintenance

Chappers

I was thinking the other day that I'd like to keep a record as to what jobs have been done on my military vehicles,as my collection has grown I'm finding it difficult to keep track of the maintenance on each vehicle.

Is there a vehicle maintenance form or manual I could get or buy/ download/photo copy/Scan??.

As I get a lot of help from enthusiasts around my local area ,it would make it much easier if we could have a manual for each vehicle and see whats been done or is pending.

Anyone got any other suggestions as to keeping an eye on vehicle maintenance??.

Regards

Steve

Have you thought about...A DIARY. A time established and well proven technique.

Hi Karoshi Yes I have thought about a diary, but wanted it to be more like the military would have used. I think it would be usefull to have a log of milage and event visited also.

How do the rest of you keep a check on your vehicles?? There must have been a form /book for maintenance during the War years.

Steve a PC based program would be good!!

I'll ask my Mrs if she would try and sort a spread sheet out .

If you've got an old MOT failure sheet, that will have a list of items with a tick or cross against each one.

Scan that, blank out the ticks and crosses, then use it as a check list for your own inspection.

What a great idea...Cheers for that. I've found this whilst hunting the net

width=640 height=577http://www.olive-drab.com/images/form_dd110.jpg[/img]

DD 110 Vehicle and Equipment Operational Record 1 Nov 1948 (Scan from FM 25-10 Motor Transportation, Operations)

Any chance of scanning that in as a PDF file Clive????

Neil, normally yes. But the main PC crashed a week ago & new one is getting the software installed gradually but it won't load the acrobat writer. When I can I'll do AB562 sections 1-4 as well.