Smoke Grenade Discharger Caps dont fit

robin craig

Question

A few of us out here have bought what we believed to be caps for the smoke grenade dischargers on vehicles like Ferrets and CVR W + T.

They are usually off eblag.

Anyhow, in the pictures they look exactly right but in the hand they dont fit., they are too large by only a bit but enough.

The big visual difference we have found is the right ones are a shiny rubber the others dull.

The wrong ones have an FV 794619 number in them.

Anyone know what we have?

R

5 answers to this question

I think you have Stalwart torsion bar end covers. This is a well established con.

PS I was wrong, I spoke too soon it does correspond to a smoke discharger cap. Now I need to find out what for.

Edited by fv1609
My mistake

Well its easy enough to find the NSN 1095-99-820-5398. Looking on fiche it reveals the DMC as M1. Not a great help as that is for mortars, smoke grenade dischargers, portable flame throwers etc.

This item was used by Australia, Belgium, Canada, Spain, NZ & UK

From the Illustrated Parts Catalogue for CVR(T), 1095-99-820-5398 is Cap, Discharger, Smoke Grenade; Rubber, 3in OD x 0.060in Nom Wall Thick. Note that this is for a No.12 Mk 2 launcher, but there also seem to be Mk 1s mentioned. Perhaps both types have been fitted but the cap only fits the Mk 2?

Andy

Edited by andym
Grammar!

A few of us out here have bought what we believed to be caps for the smoke grenade dischargers on vehicles like Ferrets and CVR W + T.

They are usually off eblag.

Anyhow, in the pictures they look exactly right but in the hand they dont fit., they are too large by only a bit but enough.

The big visual difference we have found is the right ones are a shiny rubber the others dull.

The wrong ones have an FV 794619 number in them.

Anyone know what we have?

R

Yes you have the ones that fit perfectly to FV180 CET and Rapier Launcher, just checked one of my CET ones.