Bristol Sycamore

Johnh

Just completing total strip down of a Sycamore cockpit at Aeroventure all down to bare metal and getting ready for re-skinning etc, Anybody got any pics of said Helicopter perchance ? Unbelievably our archives are low on this marque. just wondered if anybody had anything we could beg steal or borrow ?;):cool2:

This will be a full re-build and will squeeze into the main hangar when complete

Edited by Johnh
poor grammar and spelling

Good call ! I had hoped to get some help fro a certain Weston super Mare establishment but to no avail, I know we have photographed all our work as we have stripped down the cockpit section, however whilst in storage damage occurred etc

thanks anyway will get onto it tonight;)

Thanks everyone thus far ! I suppose I ought to get the latest Wrecks and Relics dusted off to get the full list:nut: but why we ask for pics is sometimes just sometimes we can fathom where the odd additional mod has been carried out and as usual not in anyones manual etc etc plus it does help with past history when we do the info boards, mind you that is second nature to you guys !!:D

Manchester is 'local' in comparison to the numerous trips the lads have made to Sultan (Gosport) and Yeovilton, I can't believe we've just had a team at Kemble helping to strip a Canberra for shipping ! They had their eyes painted on !!:blush:

The Canberras at Kemble are on the north side of the airfield by the control tower this has a separate entrance off the Tetbury Cirencester road. The Bristol Aero Collection is accessed via the main entrance on the A429. There is a security fence dividing the 2 parts of the airfield, therefore if they were on the north side they would not have access to the south side.