Alvis Vehicle Register (also for Fox owners!)

sirhc

A question regarding the CVR(W) Fox, why is it being included on an Alvis register, when it was actually built by Royal Ordnance Factory Leeds? The initial prototypes of which there were about 15, were built by Daimler. When they lost the production order to ROF in early 70's, Daimler did not build any more AFV's, excepting the last remnants of Ferret production.

Richard

Lee,

Definitely designed and 15 prototypes built by Daimler. Another case of "the book is wrong" I suspect.

Alvis and Daimler were at around that time, both in the British Leyland group, but operating independantly. Daimler was at that time, part of Jaguar, as seen from the badge engineering of their cars.

Richard

Lee,

A lot of the turret parts are very similar to the Scorpion turret, maybe they thought it was easier to build them all in the same place. I intend to fully reseach Foxes when I get round to it. I'd like to get hold of the record cards and work out exactly what happened to them all too.

Chris