Hello from Veenendaal, The Netherlands

Hi All,

Another newby to this Forum. A lot of you may know me from that other great Forum, MLU. Please let me introduce myself to those that don't. My name is Marc van Aalderen. I collect militairy vehicles. My main passion is WW2 British light armoured vehicles. Currently in my collection are a Daimler Dingo Mk1b 1941, Universal Carrier Nr2MkII* 1944, Daimler Ferret Mk1/1 1959, Ford GPW 1944 Airborne (Arnhem survivor), Anti-tank Gun 6 Pdr 7 CWt MkII 1942, Airborne trailer SS Cars Ltd 1944, DAF YA126 1957, and some DAF tractor/trailer combinations to move the collection around :nut:

We frequently participate in parades and events in Holland, France and the UK. Whenever there are Veterans present it makes it all worthwhile. Driving a Liberation parade with a Veteran aboard gives you a lump in your throat.

I hope that I can add something to the Forum from my limited knowledge and help other members.

Cheers,

Marc van Aalderen

Hi Marc

Welcome to HMVF,Im pleased you got the gun OK.

It would be interesting to find out how many 6 pdr's are in preservation today ! but we do know of two for sure .

I will keep you posted if anything turns up my side.

Kind regards

Rob...............................rnixartillery.

Hi Rob and Richard,

I thank you both for the welcome. I do remember our meeting at W&P Richard. I saw you last show when Dame Vera Lynn showed up to unveil Brian Laker's Universal Carrier. Lost sight of you in the crowds before I had the chance to walk over! Next show more luck :)

Rob, I know of 3 guns in Oirschot Barracks, Cavalry museum has 1, Overloon has 4, Dirk Leegwater has 1. I will ask around, there's bound to be more here in Holland.

Best Regards,

Marc van Aalderen

I thank you both for the welcome. I do remember our meeting at W&P Richard. I saw you last show when Dame Vera Lynn showed up to unveil Brian Laker's Universal Carrier. Lost sight of you in the crowds before I had the chance to walk over! Next show more luck :)

Marc,

Sorry to have missed you then, I remember Vera Lynn's car driving in, but I was late to meet someone elsewhere on the showground and did not stop to see the unveiling. Will try and catch up you next time !

Hello Niels,

Thank you for the welcome.

My Jeep was found in a scrapyeard in Renkum in the early seventies. Colour was Fire Brigade red with Oosterbeek emblems. My friend who found and restored the Jeep went to the Oosterbeek Fire Brigade to see if he could find out more about it. It appeared this Jeep was dropped at Wolfheze and put out of action by the Germans. After the Battle a farmer towed it in his shed with the idea to use it after the war. After the Liberation it was commandered by the Authorities and given to the Oosterbeek Fire Brigade. At one of the Commemorative Races to the Bridge it was inspected by a couple of Brits who confirmed it is indeed a former Airborne Jeep with all the right modifications. Unfortunately it was repaired after the war with a lot of standard US parts. One day I will convert it back to the right specs.

Cheers,

Marc