British Army Binoculars

DWB

The few pics I,ve seen look like the old No2 Mk? type from WWII dunno if they would have still been using the old wartime types that had been refurbished though, judging by the size of the 58 pattern bino case they must have been quite small.

Dan

Yep, No:2 Binos were the General Issue. Wartime versions are exactly the same size & DO fit in a 58 pattern web case. As an Armourer, one of the MANY tasks we had in looking after unit equipment. Instruments were an integral part of our duties. IE: First line repairs / adjustments Etc. I have handled MANY Wartime dated examples in Postwar Service.

I think I have a few pairs tucked away in my Garage!... :D

Yep, No:2 Binos were the General Issue. Wartime versions are exactly the same size & DO fit in a 58 pattern web case. As an Armourer, one of the MANY tasks we had in looking after unit equipment. Instruments were an integral part of our duties. IE: First line repairs / adjustments Etc. I have handled MANY Wartime dated examples in Postwar Service.

I think I have a few pairs tucked away in my Garage!... :D

Cool thanks for that

was there any particular mark of No2 bino that was used

Dan

Some units still got the Mk2s on issue - TA RLC for one as we have a few in our store at moment, still with the older tan straps and some with the 44 pattern straps although all in 44 pattern bino pouches and some ww2 dated and some early 50s

Gary

• 2 weeks later...