German Armour Pictures - Battle of the Bulge period

kpu121265

Jack looking at some of those tanks and the mess they are in, must of been under bomber attack?

Yes certainly some photos are of vehicles that suffered bombing- for example the upturned Panthers and Stug 4.

There are some photos I've not seen before -of particular interest is the Panther with extemporised armour on the turret roof and another with a standard wheel amongst a resiliant set, however I'm somewhat less than happy with the veracity of the site in question- whilst purporting to be about the Battle of The Bulge many of the photos- are straight lifts from other sites and references showing tanks -spgs involved in other battles and theatres of operation -some of them are from action in Brtainy and Normandy, others are from battles in Hungargy and Bohemia -including some of the last vehicles (Hezters) to be destroyed during the war in Czechoslovakia.

One Jagdpanzer 4 is actually a 2006 photo by the Bulgarian enthusiast Vasko of an AFV that was recovered from the Turk-line in Bulgaria.

Upshot is enjoy the pretty pics -don't take the context for granted.

Steve

Edited by steveo578
grammar

Steve, that Battle of the Bugle reference was mine and not the owner of the site.

My mistake, but as this constitutes veracity - although some of them most certainly are from that period as the source is from right in the middle of that area - apologies for the offence caused i shall not do it again!

I thought the images were interesting. If you have seen most of them before, lucky you, i had never seen any of them before - but then my interest in not German Armour.

Ken

kpu121265

Steve,that Battle of the Bugle reference was mine and not the owner of the site.

My mistake, but as this constitutes veracity - although some of them most certainly are from that period as the source is from right in the middle of that area - apologies for the offence caused i shall not do it again!

Thanks for the clarification no offence was taken and I'm sure none was intended and not from my side either- I now understand the way the site is formulated and there is no need for you to apologise, it's to everyone benefit even mine that you posted it.

I thought the images were interesting. If you have seen most of them before, lucky you,..... - but then my interest in not German Armour.

Actually I'm not a great fan of German armour either - that I've seen many of them before just means I've had a few years longer at afv sudies- I saw my first German tank aged 7 or 8 so that's nearly 50 years ago- that makes me fell old:(.

Steve