Jeep heater

KMF

Are there any coments or pictures out there for the fitment of a heater to a Jeep. I have fitter a round early landi heater to my 1933 Rolls-Royce and that was quite an accepted modification. I think a car should be usable at any time of the year. My wife is from the Philippines, as such she is used to a warmer climate so my car will need a heater in it. Call me soft but when I got married I drove us in my 1928 Rols-Royce soft top at minus 4 in January. That does not have a heater in it as such I could not get her in it again with me in winter. Has anyone fitted the round landi heater to a Jeep and were is the best place to take the water feeds from

Just found the website for clayton heaters, they do a classic round heater as fitted to many classic cars. They still make them and they do them in 6, 12 and 24 volts. They are very much like the classic smiths heaters as fitted to landis and many other clasis cars. They also do replacement matrix for the smiths heaters. Would like to get a copy of the winterisation manual !!!!

I know what you mean mate, my good lady is from Manila and when we take the jeep out and I'm in shorts, she'll be wrapped up from head to toe. Buy her a flying jacket, a decent hat and a hot water bottle :D

Seriously buy a good tank suit! Or the fishing type waterproof overalls. Driving whilst freezing cold and unable to feel fingers and toes, ain't wise.

Hi wolfy, hope you will post some pictures when you have it fitted. The problem with philippine people is jeeps are common place and have no mystery in them as it does to us. You can even get Jeeps fully restored over there with either new bodies from MD. Juan or orrigional bodies restored for half the price of over here if you have the right contacts there. Anyway, they do not like the cold so to get (here in doors, out doors)with you i think it has to be a heater. I fitted a clayton heater to a bentley R type continental about 8years ago and it was not at all frowned on and that was a customers £80000 car