AUSTRALIAN LAND ROVER 110 AND 6 x 6'S IN PRIVATE OWNERSHIP

robin craig

Can anyone from down under inform us what has happened to either of the above vehicles when they have come out of service, have they been cut up or have some made it back onto the road?

What will happen to the fleet once they are replaced, will they be sold off or crushed as has happened to other Oz kit in the past.

R

• 3 months later...

They normally get sold off at auctions. Never heard of them being crushed as the Army realised how much money they could get back when I was in. All the non field vehicles were painted olive drab, staff cars etc then they started buying standard colours as at auction they made the same money they paid for it as they got it tax free in the first place.

I see a few 110 in civi hands but not the 6x6.

Cousins was one of the places that disposed of them http://www.cousins.com.au/ and I see they still sell ex govt stuff.

There is locally a Landrover 6x6 perentie ex Aus military. It would be 20 plus years old.

Apparently a few were imported into New Zealand second hand about 7-8 years ago.

Truly a great machine

Doug

Here is a photo of a Perentie SAS version on the Land Rover stand at BAEE show in Aldershot, many years ago. There was also the GS truck version on show there. The latter one was sold off in this country and last seen in East Sussex. In 1992, I had the good fortune to go to Australia in a rally team representing our REME workshop, and we had use of a Perentie truck for rally support. I thought it was a great vehicle, with the wider cab and higher driving position. The mobile workshop version is a real dream, having seen one in use on one of my later "expeditions" over there.

perentie sas.jpg

Here is a photo of a Perentie SAS version on the Land Rover stand at BAEE show in Aldershot, many years ago. There was also the GS truck version on show there. The latter one was sold off in this country and last seen in East Sussex. In 1992, I had the good fortune to go to Australia in a rally team representing our REME workshop, and we had use of a Perentie truck for rally support. I thought it was a great vehicle, with the wider cab and higher driving position. The mobile workshop version is a real dream, having seen one in use on one of my later "expeditions" over there.

I have seen the one in Sussex for the last 5 years so its still about.