Airportable jimmy

mullvane

Mullvane is the dolly wheel you have , is it custom made or did you find a N.O.S. unit ?

Hi abn deuce,

It is a home made job, made out of a John Deere 2500 triple mower wheel carriage! How are you getting on with your airportable, any chance of any pictures?

Regards

Jack

Hello Jack

You have made a nice job of that so far, looking really good, Heil tipping gear, the gear on the one I am restoring is Garwood, I think there is a slight difference. Nice to see the various engine parts painted oil filter ect. Keep up the good work. Howard

Thanks raeme, its also nice when other people such as yourself compliment the work that we have done!

Regards

Jack

Jack she even looks cool when you drive past shop windows and see it for yourself. The Vulture has posted some pics of mine in his blog if you want to look.

Phill.

Over here We call that the hoist and there are number of differences between the Garwood and Heil units , the Heil being the more robust system in my opinion ,and uses lifting links that attach from the lifting lever assy to the dump body the Garwood has the cylinder basically attached directly to the lift arm assy to the dump body . both are shown in the TM 9-801 tech manual .

Sorry no photo's of mine as nothing has happened to it , all that business of the economic problems over here .