Woody Dodge

montie

Hi guys,

I have asked in another thread already but got no answer. I would like more detail and info on this Dodge, please. It is American. afterall. It seemed to have been a staff vehicle of some sort.

Monty.

Slide19.JPG

Slide18.JPG

Slide17.JPG

Are you seriously saying seeing a pile of classic vehicles slowly rotting dosen't even slightly twist your flintish old heart? :-D

Where did I say that? However since you mention it and as I don't have your irrational awe of anything with the name Dodge on it I can't see anything classic about most of the junk lying there.

Hi guys,

It always has been like that, one see trash, another see gold! I am not sure about the definition of "classic" or what is collectable and what not. Never had the luxury to say "been there, done that, got the T-shirt" with most of these old vehicles.

Tony, another for you.

Degsy, Dodge don't do it for you, would any of these qualify?

Slide43.JPG

Slide30.JPG

The Woody is a 48-up chassis cowl with a Woody body, probably by Campbell or the like. Someone has done half a job of converting it to right hand drive maybe?

They are rare, and desirable, but that one seems to need a little work. I have not memory of them actually being bought by the military on a procurement contract though. Closest thing to military would be conversions of surplus VC 1 Command Cars to Woodies, which were quite nice.

More here;

http://www.oldwoodies.com/gallery-bus.htm

Hi Montie, I have nothing against Dodges, I like to see and am interested in all vehicles just that I don't see them as the greatest thing since sliced bread or superior to everything else as another member does.:D

The Woody is a 48-up chassis cowl with a Woody body, probably by Campbell or the like. Someone has done half a job of converting it to right hand drive maybe?

They are rare, and desirable, but that one seems to need a little work. I have not memory of them actually being bought by the military on a procurement contract though. Closest thing to military would be conversions of surplus VC 1 Command Cars to Woodies, which were quite nice.

More here;

http://www.oldwoodies.com/gallery-bus.htm

Hi Gordon,

I will spend more time there next time I visit and fish for more info from the owner. There are a couple of vehicles I would like to discuss with him ( that Scammell Pioneer begging for attention for instance:cool2::cool2::cool2:) Haven't had the chance yet. Funds are a problem because of having too much hay on my fork, but then, what the heck!

Cheers,

Monty.