RB44 Oils

ferrettkitt

Hi Chris and Clive,

Thanks for the info its much appreciated.

Its MOT time for the RB at Vosa in Chadderton on Monday morning the rush hour traffic should be interesting

Chris did you find out what OM33 is? Reading Clive Elliotts PDF it says that OM33 is a hydraulic fluid?

Edited by ferrettkitt

Hi Andy,

Can't find anything with OM33 on it at the moment, what does the stuff in the tank look like? I would guess it's red, in which case automatic transmission fluid should do the job. This is what's in the power steering in the Wolf.

Chris

Hi Andy,

Can't find anything with OM33 on it at the moment, what does the stuff in the tank look like? I would guess it's red, in which case automatic transmission fluid should do the job. This is what's in the power steering in the Wolf.

Chris

OK, OM33 was the standard hydraulic oil for the army's plant, tipping gear, recovery vehicles, cranes, and so on. You will find that it equates to the civilian recognised grade of ISO32, available all over, from agricultural dealers, etc. This is the universal grade for plant (unless it is something special).

........and it is not coloured.

OK, OM33 was the standard hydraulic oil for the army's plant, tipping gear, recovery vehicles, cranes, and so on. You will find that it equates to the civilian recognised grade of ISO32, available all over, from agricultural dealers, etc. This is the universal grade for plant (unless it is something special).

........and it is not coloured.

Thanks Richard I'll see about finding some

Thanks for you're efforts Chris

Hi Andy, might be worth an email to Morris Oils Tech Dept to see which of the three ISO32 oils they produce that they would recommend. We use their products in construction and agricultural plant and have found their Tech people to be very helpful and knowledgeable.

Hi Andy, might be worth an email to Morris Oils Tech Dept to see which of the three ISO32 oils they produce that they would recommend. We use their products in construction and agricultural plant and have found their Tech people to be very helpful and knowledgeable.

Will do (thanks) when I have some pennies to spend pay day can't come quick enough