Hello! Ferret guy in California

Hello everyone. Ive been looking into an armored vehicle of some type for about a year now and I have settled on a Ferret. I'd like something I can actually drive and enjoy and work on. I have an automotive background and a lifetime of military history interest. My grandfather was a Pearl Harbor Survivor and Ive been throughout Europe visiting historial sites from Bovington camp to Prague. I should be acquiring a Ferret MK2 in good running condition in the next week or so. Reading this forum is wonderful and I will be contributing and asking questions I'm sure. Look forward to getting to know more of you.

Cheers!

Joe

Many thanks Robin! Talking with you on the phone was sugh a huge help. I appreciate your advice and assistance. Whether or not I purchase this Ferret or not, I really do appreciate all the time you spent on the phone with me. It always nice to speak with someone who is friendly and knowledgeable.

I'll keep you all updated on how it goes.

Joe

Many thanks Robin! Talking with you on the phone was sugh a huge help. I appreciate your advice and assistance. Whether or not I purchase this Ferret or not, I really do appreciate all the time you spent on the phone with me. It always nice to speak with someone who is friendly and knowledgeable.

I'll keep you all updated on how it goes.

Joe

Welcome to the forum Joe :-)

I look forward to hearing about the arrival of the ferret!

hi ferret guy from bedfordshire, i guarantee a ferret will be the best fun you have ever had on four wheels. you will find all the advice you need on the forum, the ferret is a very popular vehicle here in england. problem is you start with a little fun ferret then you dream about something bigger and buy tracked or a saracen! good luck with your purchase

kind regards lewis

• 1 month later...
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Here is a pic of my mates Ferret just to wet your appitite.

Andy.[ATTACH=CONFIG]31009[/ATTACH]

Hi folks. I recieved a request for data plate details of this ferret hoping it may help a member trying to trace the history of His own. The owner knows it had a couple of trips to Cyprus, I will try to pay Him a visit as He does know whitch units it served with. Anyway plate details.

1475 FV18378 01.Ca.11

BASE O/HAUL 2/890 34CE 11T

The lower row of No. have not been stamped very clear.

2010_0815Smokey0040.jpg

Hi folks. I recieved a request for data plate details of this ferret hoping it may help a member trying to trace the history of His own. The owner knows it had a couple of trips to Cyprus, I will try to pay Him a visit as He does know whitch units it served with. Anyway plate details.

1475 FV18378 01.Ca.11

BASE O/HAUL 2/890 34CE 11T

The lower row of No. have not been stamped very clear.

Thanks Andy

That is extremely helpful. I've added the info to my register.

Cheers

Matt :D

You're lucky that your Ferret still has it's Data Plate fitted - many are missing.

FV 18378 - Contract Number (1958, 82 Mk 2/3 Ferrets)

01 CA 11 - Army Registration Number. The Tank Museum at Bovington will send the vehicle history card if you send them this number. Let me know when you get it and I'll help you translate it!

Base Overhaul, February 1989, at 34 Central Workshops, REME, Donnington, Shropshire.

Peter,

Ferret Mk 2/3, 03 CC 42