Yellow laquer for indicators

Dodgey

OK, so I've got indicators on the Jeep, only I need yellow 6volt bulbs, as I can only get white, I'm after some yellow lacquer, the type used to paint headlamps when going to Europe - those were the days.

Obviously can't get any, has any one ideas where?

Dodgey

Are you aware that under Construction and Use reg's you are allowed white front indicators and either red or amber rears on a Jeep (pre-1965)? See extract below. I've had whites on the front of a Series 1 landie, a GMC and the WLF and never had any problems with people misunderstaning them. They look a lot better than amber on an old MV. In more modern applications I've used theatre lighting 'gel' - the coloured plastic sheet used to tint stage lighting. Obtainable at theatre, disco etc. suppliers and not too expensive. It fades over time but since it comes in large sheets you can afford to change it once a season. Just glue or trap it inside the light lenses.

Regards - Mike

------------------------

Statutory Instrument 1989 No. 1796

The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989

SCHEDULE 7 (Regulations 18 and 20)

PART I “REQUIREMENTS RELATING TO OBLIGATORY DIRECTION INDICATORS AND TO OPTIONAL DIRECTION INDICATORS TO THE EXTENT SPECIFIED IN PART II.”

7. Colour-

(b) An indicator fitted to a motor vehicle first used before 1st September 1965 and any trailer drawn thereby-

(i) if it shows only to the front: White or amber

(ii) if it shows only to the rear: Red or amber

(iii) if it shows both to the front and to the rear: Amber