Great Dorset Steam Fair

fv1609

GDSF or Stourpaine as it still gets called. So who's going? I shall be there in Hornet missile launcher & living in the cypher office. I have vowed to avoid the cider tent this year, which I recall (I think) was a Tent, Marquee, Universal, GS, Single, JA2071 the effects of a visit there wiped out the following day :roll:

GDSF or Stourpaine as it still gets called. So who's going? I shall be there in Hornet missile launcher & living in the cypher office. I have vowed to avoid the cider tent this year,

Hi Clive,

I have a vision of you at a certain MVT show at Popham some years ago, when the cider must have flowed a little too freely :-D

Anyway, to the subject, I will be coming as a visitor for a couple of days, with Neil R, so will look out for you. I still call it Stourpaine, as the first time we entered it was held there.

Incidentally, they used to sell mulled cider from an old double decker bus there, excellent stuff on a cool evening :wink:

Richard

Richard

Yes the bus is still around it was a Yeovil Festival of Transport a few weeks ago. Well if you can remember Popham (& Southsea it happened once) then the thursday of GDSF last year was a wipe out. The tent was something that I had meant to snap for an article but somehow afterwards I couldn't face going near the place.

I see all my photobucket links have come back they have been down today. I am going to post a mystery object you might enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Met Borat at the GDSF this week, he embrased us like old friends.......or was that embarassed :| Good to see he was enjoying himself, said he was looking for cheap disenfectant on the stalls and was dissapointed there were no goats there. Clive was apparantly trawling the stalls looking for emers and pig parts.

Richard

Ah well it rained on Saturday & he insisted on climbing in the cypher trailer with me & I couldn't get rid of him. That draylon suit I don't think has ever been washed & when it is damp smell a bit like a sheep.

He hogged my laptop & put down some of the usual nonsense then he said he wanted to find the stage with the laptop dancers.

Unfortunately there was an incident with some chemicals for the toilet getting mixed up & the the old trouble maker has taken some pictures which I think will get shared later :oops:

Hi Clive

I spent a very happy week at the steam fair with the rapier as support vehicle for one of our bigger trucks.

We even visited the canvas cider tent, but didn't notice everyone was drinking halfs until we had had a couple of pints.

Of course that was too late, and we were a bit wobbly for the rest of the night!

A brilliant show, made a nice change from the usual ones we do.