Combined Ops, Headcorn, 14-15 Aug 10

Recieved today

MEDIA RELEASE

‘Red Arrows headline family weekend anniversary show’

To commemorate the Battle of Britain‟s 70th Anniversary, the Red Arrows team will perform a special „fly past‟ at the Combined Ops military family weekend at Headcorn Aerodrome on 14-15th August 2010. The second annual weekend show is hosting the largest collection of classic aircraft and military vehicles, thrilling air displays and fun packed family activities.

Headcorn Aerodrome, designated as a World War Two advanced landing ground, will stage a programme of exciting entertainment including the spectacular formation flying from the Red Arrows, the Battle of Britain Memorial flight by a Lancaster, Spitfire and Hurricane, to mark "Eagle day", the Battle of Britain‟s most intensive flying day, and a rare appearance of the iconic USAAF Mustang.

Visitors can meet the pilots such as Anna Walker, Battle of Britain Hurricane pilot and only woman to fly a Hurricane since 1945 and Rob Davis, Mustang fighter daredevil pilot and owner and hear about their experiences. Over 300 military vehicles from the humble military motorcycle to main battle tanks are all on display to be marvelled at.

James Baxter, Event Organiser, said " Following the tremendous success of last year, when over 6000 people enjoyed this exceptional family event, this year will be even more significant as we commemorate an important part of our history not just in the UK but more significantly for Kent. "

This fun packed family weekend includes attractions such as history and re-enactment group displays, model aircraft demonstrations, tank rides and book signing by Mahindra Pujji who left his native India in 1940 to answer the RAF‟s desperate call for pilots and ended the war a highly decorated squadron leader. Nostalgic events such as a 1940‟s fashion show and tea dance will take place and coverage from a 1940‟s radio station.

Tickets can be purchased on line at http://www.combinedops.co.uk'>http://www.combinedops.co.uk'>http://www.combinedops.co.uk or on the gate, adults £7, children and seniors £5 (£4 in advance) , family £20 (£15 in advance), under 7s free .

Editors : For more information go to http://www.combinedops.co.uk or contact Penny Williams on 07850 103133

Booked in & straining at the leash! It was a very good show last year. And as it's right on my doorstep, it would be Rude not to attend!

Come & see me for any Small Arms work, queeries, Advice Or just to chat Weapons! :D

(Price of advice = Bring a can of Lager!....:D (Only joking!, But it WOULD be nice!)

Mike

I'm hoping to be able to attend - enjoyed it last year - very relaxed.

Won't be sure until 28 days before the show as this is the earliest time I can book some time off.

It would be rude not to attend - especially as the Ward and I are plastered on the PR posters.

Do what you can to 'Shuffle' your work commitments Tony. It's a superb show in a lovely quiet Country venue, with pleasant surroundings! :-)

Mike

I know mate!! Alice is a near neigbour, her son Darren and I have been friends for years! Might ... ohhh feeeling veeery poooorly , cough, cough... :cool2:

The other one worth trying to get to is the Flying Proms at Headcorn, real magic!!

I know mate!! Alice is a near neigbour, her son Darren and I have been friends for years! Might ... ohhh feeeling veeery poooorly , cough, cough... :cool2:

The other one worth trying to get to is the Flying Proms at Headcorn, real magic!!

Well.....you are looking a bit pale Mate!................:shocked: I perscribe a weekend off, around about 14/15th August! (if you think you can make it through that long!).....:D

Mike