A & E coverage for The Pathfinder Magazine

Greetings snappers and scribes....

Some of you are already contributors to The Pathfinder magazine and I welcome your A & E snaps should you wish to send me any. I invite anyone to send me their pix if the idea suits.

I took hundreds myself and have lots to use, but it is not the purpose of the magazine to fill it up with my photographs alone..it just doesn't do it for me. I like to have different perspectives and it's a simple truth I cannot have been everywhere at once. So, if you would like to send me pix that really stand out as your favourite moments (BigRedOne and co have some idea of what I mean - ie - the snaps YOU would like to see in print - the ones that matter to you) - PM me and I will give you me email address if you don't have it.

If you would like to contribute comments/ impressions/stories - please do via the same route of a PM I can cut and paste. I welcome your input and hope we can do the event justice.

All good wishes,

Mark

I'll send you some of mine mate. But, i'm away for a few days and can't upload at the mo. Plus, as i was on the bike(Harley outrider) i didn't take too many as you can imagine.

Sooooooo, c'mon folks! let's get those pix in as i'm itching to see 'em!!!:D

Cheers

Manny

Hi all.

First thing is I have posted all the pictures I can find to my face book page.

Hope no one minds but if they do, drop me a PM and I shall remove their pictures.

Album link:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2058802&id=1001653421&l=3ede223198

I thought it would be nice if forum members can visit the album and tag who they are - names to faces etc.

I think you have to be a face book user but quite a few people on the forum are - so feel free to tag away. If you aren't and want to be on my friends page - let me know by sending a friend request.

Many thanks.

Heliops

Edited by Markheliops

... I have posted all the pictures I can find to my face book page.

Hope no one minds but if they do, drop me a PM and I shall remove their pictures...

No worries here Mark,

... I invite anyone to send me their pix if the idea suits...

Hi Mark,

Welcome to use any of mine, just shout if you want hi res versions.

Glad to make a contribution however small in exchange for such a great day.

Snap - I have left a Post It note on the door of your editors office saying - how about some quotes spread throughout the article...I have loads!

- I told you it would be alright - Jim Clark.

- We were in convoy and passed a little house where an elderly lady was waving out the window but crying at the same time. Brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye - Mark Hart.

- we did it! Me.

- Can you book me in for two years time please - Mike Phelps, Hellcat owner.

- better than Mons! Phil Benham.

- the most proffessional convoy he had ever seen go through town. Les Fry - Chief Inspector.

- better than our wedding - Mrs Knees.

- I didn't witness it but apparently the Hellcat overtook the lead vehicle at 50 mph - Ron Pier. DR.

- The atmosphere in the car back to home yesterday was that of doom and gloom obviously not wanting it to end. Ian Hince. DR.

- "Sure go ahead there's 5 tanks coming & about 50 other vehicles, so you just hang on sunshine". Kit. DR.

- You say that Jack but I bet you a tin of larger that in two years we will all be sat in this field again - Jim Clark.

- for godsake Jack will you bloody eat something! Rosie Rixon.

- anyone seen my steps? Phil Royal - photographer.

ADD YOU OWN FOLKS!

Edited by Jack

Snap - I have left a Post It note on the door of your editors office saying - how about some quotes spread throughout the article...I have loads!

- I told you it would be alright - Jim Clark.

- We were in convoy and passed a little house where an elderly lady was waving out the window but crying at the same time. Brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye - Mark Hart.

- we did it! Me.

- Can you book me in for two years time please - Mike Phelps, Hellcat owner.

- better than Mons! Phil Benham.

- the most proffessional convoy he had ever seen go through town. Les Fry - Chief Inspector.

- better than our wedding - Mrs Knees.

- I didn't witness it but apparently the Hellcat overtook the lead vehicle at 50 mph - Ron Pier. DR.

- The atmosphere in the car back to home yesterday was that of doom and gloom obviously not wanting it to end. Ian Hince. DR.

- "Sure go ahead there's 5 tanks coming & about 50 other vehicles, so you just hang on sunshine". Kit. DR.

- You say that Jack but I bet you a tin of larger that in two years we will all be sat in this field again - Jim Clark.

- for godsake Jack will you bloody eat something! Rosie Rixon.

- anyone seen my steps? Phil Royal - photographer.

ADD YOU OWN FOLKS!

-I want that one (not sure who actually said it!)

After we'd sorted out our parking in Martinstown I was standing by the jeep when a man and his two sons appeared, agog. I looked at him and said "Resistance is useless".. and he just did that ever so English smiley shrug laugh. Understated. Perfect.

James, my co-driver, as we were about to take the sharp turn down Chilfrome Lane,

''Have you got a pound ready?''

Not a quote but the look on an elderly drivers face as the Ward-Ward-Sherman train was approaching camp on saturday night. If his jaw had dropped any lower, we could have driven in it! Vince saw him the same time I did.......

Not a quote but the look on an elderly drivers face as the Ward-Ward-Sherman train was approaching camp on saturday night. If his jaw had dropped any lower, we could have driven in it! Vince saw him the same time I did.......

I saw him too! And it reminded me of when you see young lads driving passed young ladies on street...that sort of 1000 yd stare!

I've been finding myself smiling stupidly to myself when people have said

"What did you do this weekend?"

"Well..." :D

same here Bodge, the thing is I can't keep going on about it at work as they just dont 'get it'. But me and Rich still say 'remember when...................' and we still both have that silly grin!!!!!!!!:D:D

they just dont 'get it'

Having the same problem myself, you tell them just what you did (probably with quite a scary amount of enthusiasm) and they just say "oh right" or some other feeble comment. Then they proceed tell you how excited they got at some dismal episode in their own little world. :banghead:

Pah Phillistines!!!! :pfrt:

Having the same problem myself, you tell them just what you did (probably with quite a scary amount of enthusiasm) and they just say "oh right" or some other feeble comment. Then they proceed tell you how excited they got at some dismal episode in their own little world. :banghead:

Pah Phillistines!!!! :pfrt:

Absobloodyrightly!!! One of the girls just said to me today 'dont you get bored' ermmmmmmmm NO!