Hi-Capacity 6Volt Jeep Batteries

Does anyone know of a decent supplier of Hi-Capacity 6volt Jeep batteries??

I would prefer ones to look like the rubber cased originals to fit in the standard ww2 jeep carrier - I have been told you can get the new type gel batteries but does anyone do this type in a rubber type casing cheers:coffee:

Not that I'm aware - though being sealed you could easily build a 'case' around them.

Much as I love these batteries, if I was after looks I would go for the tradditional construction and style, but buy a quality one. These folk have been recommended on here before www.lincon.co.uk

I always think the Optima 6v ones look a bit sad and lonely pathetic in that gigantor battery tray - even worse on a GMC :D

DSC00934.jpg

Edited by N.O.S.
specified make

http://www.advancedbatterysupplies.co.uk/

I've had good service from this lot. The Optima 6 volt is superb, tiny but 840 amp cranking! Last quote i had for one a couple of months ago was £138 but they are in short supply , the British Army are nabbing all they can get. I evntually got a pair of lead acid for £148. I did thsi as i can series them and put them on a 12 volt solar trickle charge. Long story.

http://www.advancedbatterysupplies.co.uk/

I've had good service from this lot. The Optima 6 volt is superb, tiny but 840 amp cranking! Last quote i had for one a couple of months ago was £138 but they are in short supply , the British Army are nabbing all they can get. I evntually got a pair of lead acid for £148. I did thsi as i can series them and put them on a 12 volt solar trickle charge. Long story.

Cheers Guys , I will look into the two leads you have given me thanks - It has definitely got to look right but I may have a play around with an old rubber case at some stage and see Cheers:coffee: