Humber Pig

sirhc

Misdescribed, there were no Pigs made in 1954!

What he means is that the chassis was build in 1954. 20 prototype pigs appeared in 1956 (I have one) but the production pigs appeared in 1958 & this would be the correct date of this Mk1. The pics are marked Jan 2004 so he seems to have lost interest in it a while back other otherwise it would be a bit more restored, anyway I am glad someone has saved it from the scrapman & if the engine runs someone has got a bargain.

• 6 months later...

I finally remembered my password! :-o

SGT MAJOR FATLAD is currently under 4 to 5 inches of snow, wearing his usual winter camo tarp. Petrol has been treated with the proper fuel treatment prior to storage. So, I am awaiting warmer weather to allow me to resume work. At least I know the engine will crank happily. :-D

There was another Humber Pig on eBay USA recently, located in Branson, Missouri- about 3 1/2 hours drive from me. I was hoping to get a chance to get with the seller to drive it. We exchanged emails, and he is glad to assist. Hopefully his buyer won't be picking it up for another week or so. :whistle:

His Pig had the FELIX logos on it, he bought it from Western Resources last August.

Rich MacKinnon

12BK61

Rich, I think that one was 23 BK 96 which was genuinely EOD. It appears on the inside cover of "The Encyclopaedia of the Modern British Army" Edition 1 by Terry Gander. It was very nicely restored by an owner in the UK but it is a shame to see it today looking in a rather neglected state.