Diesel Injectors for what?

robin craig

Hi Robin.

NSN 2910-99-207-3074. = 2645633

The 2645633 number is the reference for ROLLS ROYCE / PERKINS Engines. Now owned by

Caterpiller. Not too sure what Engine though.

Hope this is of help.

Clive

protruckservices.com

Ha haa, which engine would you like it to fit??

I have a C-series 4-cylinder, can go out and look at the numbers if required for elimination purposes..........

The C-series vehicle and industrial versions are the same injectors, its the governors that are different.

Alec.

Ha haa, which engine would you like it to fit??

I have a C-series 4-cylinder, can go out and look at the numbers if required for elimination purposes..........

The C-series vehicle and industrial versions are the same injectors, its the governors that are different.

Alec.

Some C series have flange mounted injectors, others have clamp mounted injectors......

Some C series inject at 175 Atmospheres whilst others inject at 240 Atmospheres.

The injection pump is available depending on application with 9mm or 10mm elements and fuel injected per 100 strokes varies from 9.8- 11.4cc up to 12.8- 14.6CC , I would have thoughtr that for normally apspirated, Mechanically supercharged, and Turbo-Supercharger application there would be different injectors, but I can't find any info to suggest this.

Rolls Royce part number for the normally aspirated C6 engine (flange mounted) injector is OD 4752.

And apart from the Eagle, there is of course also the Falcon engine.

Edited by antarmike

What is a Falcon Mike, are you thinking of the CV12 Challenger/Commander engine? AFAIK Falcon was an early V12 aero engine.

From memory basically a C6 but with smaller bore of 127mm if I remember, compared to the C6's 130mm bore. vitualy everything else on the Falcon was the same as the C range engines. It is mentioned in the C range engine handbook, but I have never seen one.

Edited by antarmike

From memory basically a C6 but with smaller bore of 127mm if I remember, compared to the C6's 130mm bore. vitualy everything else on the Falcon was the same as the C range engines. It is mentioned in the C range engine handbook, but I have never seen one.

SF65C perhaps?

SF65C perhaps?

Falcon SF.65 is a normally aspirated 6 Cylinder wet sump diesel with a bore of 5" and the same stroke as the C6. Other fundemental differences are that the Crankshaft Pins and Jounals are not Nitrided, and the valves are smaller.

This gives the Falcon a swept volume of 11.58 litres compared to the C6 12.17 Litres.

Falcon has compression ratio of 17:1 whilst normally aspirated C6 is 16:1, Supercharged version are 14:1

and Turbocharged either 14:1 with two valve head, or 15:1 with four valve head.

We tried all the permutations and combinations of the numbers suggested but no luck.

Mike,

Nearest I got was a Perkins injector, part no 2645630 ( the one the thread relates to is 2645633), which is for a Perkins D3-152. I did wonder if the NATO number cross ref had a mistake in it on the last digit of Perkins number, pity they did not list the CAV number. The D3-152 was used in military service.

G60 was the Rolls designed NA 6 cylinder DOHC petrol engine that almost made it into a modified Healey 3000.

I saw a Rolls mechnically supercharged staight 6 Diesel in a Vickers VR180 Crawler (Vigor) and I had always thought the Vigor has a Rolls C6SFL however the engine in it although looking a bit like a C6, other parts of it looked totally unlike any C6 I had seen before.

The Engine bore a plate saying G60 No. 27 Mk 2A. I know the C6 was modular and could be built up in a number of configurations to suit its application, but so much of the engine looked dis-similar to the three Rolls C6's I have, I was trying to work out what I was actually looking at.

Yes that is recognisable as a C6, but the VR180, was not actrually the Vigor . The VR180 dates from around 1952. The Vigor grew out of the VR180, and developed into the Vickers VR110 Vikon.

The engine I saw had a totally different timing cover, with the hour meter turned 90 degrees and coming out backwards fron the back face. The Rocker covers were angled not flat on top. The plate on the nearside over the tappets was totally different.

The Vee belt tensioner was actually part of the Fan Cowling, not fixed to the Timing cover itself!

I still don't know what the engine in the Vr180 was but it was significantly different to that piccy!

Edited by antarmike