Garden Design, with attitude

Tony B

Gareth Coe

Yay for pig arcs :nut:

I suppose it's a case of reverse engineering, in the late 1940s the pig industry would have benefited from war surplus- Nissen hut and Anderson shelter components- at a time when increase of food production was even more imperative than in wartime (no more lease lend).

The modern plastic pig arcs would be a boon to WW2 repos although those shown in the picture are more the size of Anderson shelters -did Jersey get any Anderson shelters before the invasion?

Steve

I suppose it's a case of reverse engineering, in the late 1940s the pig industry would have benefited from war surplus- Nissen hut and Anderson shelter components- at a time when increase of food production was even more imperative than in wartime (no more lease lend).

The modern plastic pig arcs would be a boon to WW2 repos although those shown in the picture are more the size of Anderson shelters -did Jersey get any Anderson shelters before the invasion?

Steve

Anderson shelters, I don't know. Never seen any there. Mind you the only bombing raid directly on the island's civillians was done by the German's just prior to their landing.

The arcs give a nice size and comfort for sleeping though.

A few more pictures of Gary and Damiens kit. Plus your quiz for tonight. The place is on the top of St peter's Valley in jersey. In one prvious case an Allied parartrooper hung from a tree in the valley whilst German soldiers passsed below. When and Where? Don't worry no one in Jersey knew the answer. :cool2: So I'll give you all a hint 'Useful little insect, isn't he?

DSCF5227.jpg

DSCF5266.jpg

DSCF5238.jpg

DSCF1234.jpg