New Tyres

LoggyDriver

I ordered the paint I'm after this morning and then drove up to LW Vass to buy some new tyres for my Defender.

The place has changed massively since I was there last time, I hardly recognised it. Most of the sheds down the right hand side as you go down their yard are now individual business units. On the left is now a caravan sales place with loads of caravans where there were once Green Machines. The only bits left were the tyre bay and some yard round the back. I found it strangely sad, seeing all the old sheds taken over by small businesses and the yard that used to be full with dozens of ex mil veh now a tyre dump. Sad.

Anyway. They had some Michelin XCL's but they were the studded tyres. I bought these last time (Ten years ago) and the XCL's I have on my Landy have now finally cracked to the point of being illegal. These are a brilliant tyre though. The new ones I bought are the newer Michelin XZL (I think). They are part worns, but you can still see the rubber joints accross the tyre surface, so they haven't done much.

Photo's to follow, I need to get them fitted, which should be Wednesday.:cool2:

The best guy to ask is Retreiver above, he works for LW Vass. They had plenty of 1200x20 Bar Grips in stock in as new condition.

I went round to the local tyre place today and got them fitted. Cost me £10 per tyre and that was including disposal of the old tyres and balancing. Cleaned and primed three of the hubs, just one more to do and sanded the rims down ready for painting.

What do Vass have in 1400 x 20, anything suitable for a Matador, that won't look too bad either?

plenty of 1400x20 part worn ring 01525 403255 and ask for peter in tyre dpt or better still call in and look for yourself, you may be suprised at what you see.

Hi Chap's sorry to jump on your thread, But i've been looking around and it seem's that people are having trouble sourcing new tyre's, So i don't know if this link will help anyone or if it's allready known about, Anyway here it is Click Here

Cheer's Skeggy.

Hi Chap's sorry to jump on your thread, But i've been looking around and it seem's that people are having trouble sourcing new tyre's, So i don't know if this link will help anyone or if it's allready known about, Anyway here it is Click Here

Cheer's Skeggy.

Looks good. Presumably the tyres are road legal and have the EU mark etc etc? If so, I can see 00EC13 being treated at a new set in the near(ish) future..