Brockhouse Trailer....??

Any help much appreciated...

I have recently bought a trailer which I was told was a Sankey.

It was painted in several coats of green paint and a few coats of brown underneath.

Having read various posts on the HMV Forum it appears to be a Brockhouse trailer.

I have not been able to find a chasis no. but there are other numbers :-

Assembly no. FV7408(then possibly a 9) 0. This ID is stamped on a small plate riveted to the front n/s body.

Brake assembly cover plate. FV109257A. This ID is stamped on the cover plate of the brake assembly.

And finally there was a plate riveted to the side of the 'A Bar'... William Press & Son Ltd. 22 Queen Annes Gate London. SW1. Whitehall 5731. Plant no. TL870

If anyone knows anything about this trailer or could point me in the direction of somewhere I can find out more I would be most grateful.

It is in the process of being renovated and I will post pictures once completed.

Pete.

I'm very confident the William Press plate refers to its later service with the civil engineering company who used lots of stuff like this on their contracts - typically the large North Sea gas distribution pipelines which ran across East Anglia in the '70's/'80s. I remember loads of MJs running around. It was so wet at times and ran so deep you can still unwittingly drop a tractor into the filled trenches all these years later!

I used to work for AMEC, the construction group who swallowed up Press. I was talking to one of their former engineers who told me back in the sixties they had a number of US half tracks for pipeline work!