Saying Hello...

Hi, my name is Martin, living in Sussex but originally from Bolton...

My first love has always been Land Rovers. I bought my first in 1966, so I could learn to drive! It was an Ex Army 4x2 1957 Series One. I kept that for six years. I later added a sankey trailer from the auctions at Ruddington.

With an understanding wife, she let me buy a Matador in 1985. After restoration and a few years of fun, that passed on to an enthusiast in Holland who recently managed to track me down and I'm now reduced to three Land Rovers, two Series Ones and a 2A. None of which are ex Ministry!

I have always been interested in WW2. I served my apprenticship with de Havilland so must admit to being an enthusiast of the Mosquito aircraft too. ...and anything driven by steam. Wide ranging hobbies really.

Cheers!

Edited by sweetfield

G'Day

Land Rovers are great stuff..... don't worry, don't need a Ferret unless you want to catch a mouse :D

Someone let on the other day the original name for Ferret was timid mouse or some such thing. I suppose if a vehicle is to be named after a rodent it should be a useful one.

Anyway I have to rush off now to find my helmet, before the next Ferret owner comes on.

Mike,

It was Fieldmouse ;)

I love that, I wonder if it was like a psychological name and well thought out...... i.e. in the enemy camp "the British are advancing with a Fieldmouse troop on our Western flank", the enemy commanders then roll around the floor laughing.