SA80 pictures ?

shatters

Hi all,

Has anyone got any pictures of a Land rover with SA80's (L85A1) fitted in the weapons racks behind the front seats ?

Secondly does anyone know if this will fit a lightweight ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/military-land-rover-SA80-weapons-mounting-kit_W0QQitemZ360190094727QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item53dd00ad87

Many thanks

Phil

Hi mate,

There is no reason I can think of why this lot wont fit in a lightweight, but I havnt seen them fitted in anything older than a 90/110. All the series 3s I have seen have all been the old SLR mount, regardless of age.

Also, buy it from the shows, or somewhere like Dropzone, you will pay more round the £30 rather than £100......

I unfortunately cant help with photos, as I only now have Defender xD's, which have a different rack in.

Hope that helps.

Hi all,

Has anyone got any pictures of a Land rover with SA80's (L85A1) fitted in the weapons racks behind the front seats ?

Secondly does anyone know if this will fit a lightweight ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/military-land-rover-SA80-weapons-mounting-kit_W0QQitemZ360190094727QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item53dd00ad87

Many thanks

Phil

If I get chance I'll take some for you tomorrow at work.

Was thinking about taking our set out of the Bedford so we can use the parcel shelf, drop me a PM if you want the bits. It won't cost you £100!

Does anyone know offhand what size holes are drilled in the panels? Will need some of those plastic plug things that VW use to hold the door trim on...

Stone

Does anyone know offhand what size holes are drilled in the panels? Will need some of those plastic plug things that VW use to hold the door trim on...

I've answered my own question, but for future reference the answer was 4xM6 holes and 4xM8 holes per set of 2 mounts.

I've attached the relevant instruction for the Bedford MJ:

TRUCK, 4 TONNE, 4 X 4, BEDFORD MJ (ALL VARIANTS)

MODIFICATION INSTRUCTION No 20

Sponsor: Publications Authority:

DGES(A) Vehs & Wpns Br REME

Project No: 71712(169)

File ref: 0736/71

SUBJECT: SA80 rifle clip mountings

(12-1819)

Hopefully it will be of interest to some of you!

Stone

SA80_Mods.pdf

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this thread, I've decided to follow the advice and fit SLR mounts, had a quick look on ebay without much luck.

Does anyone have a set they've removed or know where a full set can be purchased ?

Many thanks

Phil