A jimmy is finally on the drive !!!!

JOURNEYMAN

Hi all,

after looking since may last year i have finally bought a 1945 353 a2 jimmy !!

Has a few minor problems such as seals, etc and the brakes will need checking over .the only piece

i need is a new exhaust tailpipe if anyone has one ? The previous owner managed to run over the pipe with the truck !!! Rex ward does not have any in stock , any help would be appreciated.

The open cab truck has no rust , paintwork and tyres are serviceable for the time being so just

general tidying up to do. Hope to have the truck ready for elvington in may.

Will post pictures when i get a chance.

Even our neighbours say they are glad to see something big and green parked outside the house

again !!

Regards to all

steve.

Hi all,

thanks for your replies. I have a tailpipe to measure , donated by a friend of mine so hopefully

the exhaust will be complete very soon. I have had a look at the truck today - it appears the

radiator is leaking so the best thing will be to re-core it and the wiring at the headlight end of

the front chassis loom needs a tidy up. Otherwise i am very pleased with the condition of the

truck. I am definitely aiming to be at elvington steve, so look forward to seeing you and bodge.

At least you will be easy to find in all the greenery !!

Best wishes to all,

steve

Hi all,

thanks for your replies. I have a tailpipe to measure , donated by a friend of mine so hopefully

the exhaust will be complete very soon. I have had a look at the truck today - it appears the

radiator is leaking so the best thing will be to re-core it and the wiring at the headlight end of

the front chassis loom needs a tidy up. Otherwise i am very pleased with the condition of the

truck. I am definitely aiming to be at elvington steve, so look forward to seeing you and bodge.

At least you will be easy to find in all the greenery !!

Best wishes to all,

steve

Glad you found a good one in the end took some time but least you got there in the end and sure you will have fun, will see you also at Elvington mate

any pics mate ? Was it local to you or did you have to go far for it?........

hi willys,

i found the truck in leeds , so not too far away from me ( goole ). I will post some pics as

soon as i have time to do it, sadly work is slowing me up at the moment - determined to get to

elvington though !

Regards

steve.

Hi tony,

long time no see/hear !!

Hope dad and everybody is ok. Will send some photos asap. Look forward to seeing you all and

pestering you for a set of truck stencils !

Just a quick question , do you know of anyone with a good pair of 8.25 x 20 michelin xy tyres

( road pattern ) ? I think they were used / are the same size as on the front of your half-track.

There is a modern equivalent , i think , in the same size . Any leads would be appreciated.

Many thanks , speak to you soon.

Steve

Glad you found a good one in the end took some time but least you got there in the end and sure you will have fun, will see you also at Elvington mate

See you there as well Tone - I am going up north. I will by a flat cap...

Hi tony,

long time no see/hear !!

Hope dad and everybody is ok. Will send some photos asap. Look forward to seeing you all and

pestering you for a set of truck stencils !

Just a quick question , do you know of anyone with a good pair of 8.25 x 20 michelin xy tyres

( road pattern ) ? I think they were used / are the same size as on the front of your half-track.

There is a modern equivalent , i think , in the same size . Any leads would be appreciated.

Many thanks , speak to you soon.

Steve

Hi Steve

I have a pair of Norwegian Jimmy tires if that's what your after mate

Tony