Bedford model?

No Signals

Ok, which model of Bedford is this? I saw it on tv the other day and managed to track down some stills of it. Although it does appear to have more than one variation, so my guess it has been field modified over a period. Is it an ‘O’ model or, as I favour, an MW? I think the latter due to the angle of the top of the bonnet being not so steep, but I’d be interested in others’ opinions. In the first pic the cab has similarities to the modified one that Radek posted a pic of elsewhere on the forum.

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?10507-Bedford-MW-s-in-service-gallery/page10&highlight=bedfords+service

Although obviously the one in Radek’s pic has a better grafted cab top line up. Any way though, it does not quite match any of the normal configurations. So over to you chaps for your interpretation.

The trailer types are another question altogether.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>MW for comparison

packer4..jpg

packer2..jpg

swood1 (2)..jpg

packer5..jpg

I think this very serious question is worthy of detailed response. It looks like the types the civvy emergency rebuilding squads used in the war. They were light grey coloured (I guess from mono snaps). So I presume the same unit as the O type for QM trailers. I think a brain is needed here... so fill in the blanks.

To the Batmobile...

M:D

Ok, which model of Bedford is this? I saw it on tv the other day and managed to track down some stills of it. Although it does appear to have more than one variation, so my guess it has been field modified over a period. Is it an ‘O’ model or, as I favour, an MW? I think the latter due to the angle of the top of the bonnet being not so steep, but I’d be interested in others’ opinions. In the first pic the cab has similarities to the modified one that Radek posted a pic of elsewhere on the forum.

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?10507-Bedford-MW-s-in-service-gallery/page10&highlight=bedfords+service

Although obviously the one in Radek’s pic has a better grafted cab top line up. Any way though, it does not quite match any of the normal configurations. So over to you chaps for your interpretation.

The trailer types are another question altogether.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>MW for comparison

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25159[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25158[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25160[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25157[/ATTACH]

Hi ,

sorry I dont full understand, but as you think pictures from old Czech film "Riders in the sky",

I not Radek, Im Tomas,

Radek is my friend, but live 150km from me, in Czech country,

on this pictures is 100% Bedford MWD (maybe ex-CIABG, ex -fire brigade),

only doors and cab is rebuild from after war product Czech truck, "hand make"

I many years search info about this MW, but no body dont know nothink,

maybe in future...

only know few Bedfords MW was to 70s years in villages Czech fire brigades,

but all end live in scrapyards...

Tomas

Tomas just ignore him April the first jokes are supposed to end at 12 noon! Nice truck whatever she is.

Whatever you have something that is unique.:D

We had a red Diahatsu 4x4 that looked like a Postman Pat van, the addition of a picture of Postman Pat's cat was added, splatted on the bumper. So Specsavers stole OUR idea!.