Reversing Camera.

gritineye

Sorry if this reads like advertising blurb, but I have no connection, just think it's a good product.

I have just fitted this, (helps with the neck ache) there are cheaper around but these really do work well, great picture and works in low light, tiny and easily hidden so as not to spoil the looks. Perfect for hitching your trailer or when winching.

For those who have every other essential accessory on their MV but have a birthday coming up!

Very simple to fit but only 12v I'm afraid, I just used an old leisure battery I just had lying around, tiny power consumption.

Various lengths cable available.

http://www.parkingcameras.com/store/product.php?productid=127&cat=1&page=1&featured

http://www.parkingcameras.com/store/product.php?productid=136&cat=2&page=1

Glad to be of service, I got the camera and monitor as in the links, they both have short leads and connectors fitted, you can order a leads to connect them together (look buy the buy now button on the camera page) the screen is very thin and can easily be hidden in an open cab with a little cunning.

Had a lot of experience of these in my working days, useful item when they worked OK. I suspect they might have come on a bit in the last ten years, they were never very "sharp" in image, and we never relied on them too much.

My camper van (2003 Ducato) came with a factory fitted one, but this was already an old design, and as you say it is pretty useless a lot of the time, this newer type is just like looking at a small digital TV pin sharp.,

Sorry but not without taking them off the vehicle (all cable tied in) but the leads are as per the picture on the camera page, the camera one is about a foot or so long, the monitor one about three foot.

Included with each item is a short power lead with a jack on one end and a stripped portion at the other, I used both a video and a power extension cable (connectors both ends) to reach the cab and then used the two other cables to connect to a 3amp fused cigar lighter plug to fit a socket on my 12v battery, just unplugs when not in use. Just be very sure of polarity here!!

The company listed by gritineye is the one operated by the son. His father runs another camera company from the same address and often undercuts the son's prices! They both sell exactly the same products

I bought this system from the father and have fitted it in my Fox. i would never drive an AFV again without having a camera fitted and much prefer the 7" screen. I have a 5" screen fitted in my Ferret and simply move the control boxbetween the 2 vehicles as required.

I use the 2 camera system becuase of the poor visibility to the right on Fox & Ferret so the 2nd camera is mounted using a magnet on the side of the vehicle (and is removed once at a show)

http://www.parkingcameras.com/store/product.php?productid=28&cat=8&page=1

Ok its more expensive than the one gritineye originally linked to, but it works on 24v so not messing with rigging up a 12v source (or fitting a step down transformer)

Hi Guys.

Got my camera from these people. http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/ 12v -30v wouldn't be without

one on the MV or the Mobile workshop Van.

Many options you can use. 2 cameras, Night vision,Video recording, image inverter.

They are all so on Flea bay.

Clive.

protruckservices.com

The OT-90 has a 24v system rear view cam system fitted to it - funnily enough at the mandate of VOSA!

The camera is in the centre rear marker light and is - tall all intents and purposes - invisible. Power pack is mounted in the battery area between the two rows of seat and the monitor hangs how from the roof of the drivers compartment in an "out of the way" position. Works quite well too., No idea what make it is or who the suppliers were though, it was fitted by Russian Trucks as part of the list of things required by VOSA for use on UK roads.

I got reversing cameras for my 110 and brother in laws 130 from the father, very helpfull and very good service. Got touchscreen rear view mirrors and different cameras on to suit each vehicle. The website gives a very overview of what's available, I specified cameras with waterproof connectors, very important even in a hardtop Land Rover!

http://www.reversingcamerasuk.com

There's discrete ways of adding cameras but the more discrete, the poorer the picture. Got a mini dome CMOS camera on my 110 and it isn't great and v poor in the dark, no IR but probably fine to check you're not backing over a kid at a show. A standard CCD bracket camera is probably the cheapest quality camera and isn't as obtrusive as you think on a smaller vehicle, obviously not talking historic or jeep sized here.

They pale into insignificance beside the plethora of armoured cameras fitted to Trojans and Titans though!

fv 432 one keeps blowing the control box, but they work beautifully on road...you can see who is doing something stupid behind you like trying to pass you up the inside or outside as your turning one way or another...great for changing lanes too

Folks - I have a camera like that here - and free to a good home for who ever wants it.

It came from these guys about 3-4 years ago http://www.agcam.com/index.php?page=agcamkit (don't ask why I was getting involved with these cameras) but these guys are the nuts.

It comes with everything - the camera is also infer red and fantastic lens. It comes with mounts, leads and a remote control (if I can find it!).

Just let me know if anyone would like it :)

089-1.jpg

I got my camara from Towsure in Southampton, £99,99, but the conection between camera and screen is wireless, has enough range to get a very clear picture from one end of a pioneer to the other with no problems.:D

Alan.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought another for a different vehicle a week ago. Just watch out. It went through Paypal ok, but I had no acknowledgement from the seller, it has still not arrived & my messages don't get answered. I made an offer of £60 that was accepted, which slightly surprised me. Perhaps that was a warning sign.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Reversing-Camera-Bumper-mounted-Kit-with-Colour-Screen_W0QQitemZ270555921643QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3efe63bceb

Edited by fv1609

That looks very like the monitor I bought Clive, he does not give any details of the camera at all that I can see, it seems like he is selling the monitor at the normal price and just bundling a really cheap camera, possibly an older type.