Is this Ferret still 'alive' and kicking?

oily

The tank museum won't be able to help unfortunately as they only have the army registration numbers and without that they won't be able to provide any history.

The first batches had the registrations and hull numbers in sequence but as soon as foreign orders for the Ferret came in the hull numbers didn't follow in any kind of sequence. Try Matt (toolman) on this forum he is compiling a list of hull numbers and registrations. Think Matts having fun as well with a similar problem.

Hi there guys, I'm new to this forum and to the Military vehicle scene.

I seam to be in a similar pickle as some of you. let me explain. I bought my ferret mk 2/3 as a burnt out wreck in 2008. She is nearly complete now, but, i don't know its original reg number, her hull number is 2897-11-61. i was wondering if anybody has a hull number close to this?

Also i'm looking for a copy of the war and peace vehicle list (booklet, brochure) for 1998, 2001 and 2003 as this ferret was there.

many thanks

Ross

Hello Ross

I'm going to have to welcome you to my club.... The missing data plate club!

Andy is correct. I am in the process of creating a register, and have been in the process of collating info from as many sources as I can, for a couple of years now. However I still have many, many holes!

Your hull number is 2897-11-61. The nearest number in my record is 2879 which belongs to 01DC76 and is owned by a chap on this forum. It belongs to contract KL/A/0184. Reg Numbers 01DC00-01DC99. So IF all hull numbers were sequential, this would make your ferret 01DC94...... As Andy has stated. Later ferrets (like this one) did not always have sequential hull numbers due to export contracts, so I would say 01DC94 is only a start point for further investigation. What you need is to find the hull number of a ferret between 00DC94 and 00DC99... Unfortunately I don't know of one. 01DC82 is listed as a runner, but I don't know who owns is. Andy Might?

The start of a journey.

I'm sure I'll contact you again

Cheers

Matt

Hi there guys, I'm new to this forum and to the Military vehicle scene.

I seam to be in a similar pickle as some of you. let me explain. I bought my ferret mk 2/3 as a burnt out wreck in 2008. She is nearly complete now, but, i don't know its original reg number, her hull number is 2897-11-61. i was wondering if anybody has a hull number close to this?

Also i'm looking for a copy of the war and peace vehicle list (booklet, brochure) for 1998, 2001 and 2003 as this ferret was there.

many thanks

Ross

Hi Ross,

I think that I may have worked on this Ferret, there were two stored together that got burnt out if I recall. If you have any details that might confirm this, send me a PM and I will see if I can help you.

According to my info. 01DC76 is in contract KL/A/0200. and this contract only went as far as 01DC86. KL/A/0248 followed starting with 00DD01. I got the contract numbers from an issue of Classic Military Vehicle. issue number 113 oct 2010. aaah my head hurts. HELP!!!

Great response guys, thanks, will get to the bottom of this yet.

According to my info. 01DC76 is in contract KL/A/0200. and this contract only went as far as 01DC86. KL/A/0248 followed starting with 00DD01. I got the contract numbers from an issue of Classic Military Vehicle. issue number 113 oct 2010. aaah my head hurts. HELP!!!

It's a total headache :-( Annoyingly I've subscribed to CMV for years until about 2 months ago when I let my subscrition slide. I will have to see a copy.

What we really need is the damn daimler build records!!! Does anyone know where they might be?????

That doesn't mean that its the full list of the contracts my Ferret 08BB48 isn't listed but the contract that it was built in is 6/fv/14231. If you notice on the list its missing registrations as well.

• 6 months later...
Thats quite a project to undertake. I take my hat off to you!

She is still not finished but looks a little better now, after nearly 3 years work and LOTS of Ferret rash.:nut:

Have you got my ferret on your register? got lots of pics i can send you of the hole rebuild if ya like.

Ferret - June 2011.jpg

Edited by Catch 22 LBDR

Hello Ross

Yes, I have it on the register, thankyou. I am always interested in Restoration photos, I'm sure Andy would be from Ferret FV 701 website. How about sending photos to Andy to feature on his "Ferret Owners" page?

Email direct: contact@ferret-fv701.co.uk

and mattk_taylor@hotmail.com

Cheers

Matt

• 3 months later...