Hawaii 1938

Hi Guys.

A friends father and law was a warrant officer in the US army prior to and during WW2 and went to Hawaii in 1938.

They were kind enough to scan some of the photographs her father took of both fixed and towed Artillery during the time he was there. These photographs have never been published and if there is any interest I will post some more of the series.

Mark

12 inch Mortars..jpg

3 inch gun old un.jpg

14 inch Vanishing&.jpg

16 in gun at Ft W
.jpg

Hi.

Thanks I thought they were pretty cool. The guys have dug out some more albums to show me later in the week, really looking forward to seeing them.

Not sure about the truck, I'm an expat Brit living in Texas and interwar vehicles are not my thing but I will ask around for you.

Mark

Sound Locator Ft

Funeral Ceremoni
.jpg

Breech 14 inch va

Dept Parade Groun&.jpg

It would be fantastic to learn more about the photographer(s) as well - for example are these pix done in an official capacity or done by someone recording his career - they look more like official pix to me in many cases. This is stunning stuff.

MB

Hi.

I will try to get some more posted this week, also I will get some background info.

I have quite a few photographs in the museum collection but these images are head and shoulders above most of the others.

Mark