Greetings from another Yank

Lifer

'Lo, all! I just thought I'd take a mo to let you know that you're not hiding any longer. I came across this web site while searching for information about British military vehicles. I spent 30 years in the US Air Force, the best 4 of which were my posting to RAF Uxbridge. (That's on the southwest end of London, for you geographically challenged blokes.) I've been back in the USA for 20 years, now, but I'm still "homesick."

What else can I say here? Aaah, yes! "Up Watford!! Manchester United blows!"

You ingrate.

North of the Thames is a wonderful place. We always used to moan about changing our money up when we crossed the bridge for forays down to the mean streets of Catford and Bromley to wind up the natives. Which is how I met my wife and how, if you read another thread, she has never admitted defeat. Some say revenge and others say it could only be thus. So none of your nonsense, peasant.

Welcome. I think you will find Uxbridge has change beyond all recognition since you were last there, and not for the better either! I however would love to emigrate to the States!! What rank did you reach after all those years in the service?

Hi Lifer,

New here myself, always interested to see what other enthusiasts are driving especially locally :-D

I'll be in Lavonia in a couple of weeks, so if you see a camo Land Rover gimme a wave

Well actually it is! Staines, (Old radio joke, nuclear bombs! Remove staines , and any other town) Marks the point where Port of London Authority takes over the Thames and Slough (Come freindly bombs etc.) Anywhere below that isn't really London.