One for August

Sadly, due to Dave being poorly we wont have the field kitchen on site this year. So after much thought I have come up with the following.

Friday, PUB.

Saturday, Get up with hangover, cook your own breakie, visit Museum, BBQ, back to PUB.

Sunday, another major hangover, cook your own breakie, bounce around the ranges for the day, back to PUB,

Monday, strong coffee, pills and home.

In other words guys, if posible could you bring some cooking equipment, SORRY.

Get well soon Dave, not sure my belly can handle to much of my own cooking............

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi fella's

sorry to say that i won't be able to make the meeting as i've got no wheels, the landrover's still dead and i might look a bit daft driving round the plain in my white builders van. gotta say i'm gutted as this would have been the first time i've been off roading/driving round the plain since i left the army. i was really interested in the range wrecks aswell especially the ww2 stuff so if anyone sees some wrecks post a pic or two for me.cheers

eddy

tony i will be there with the cookhouse one way or another it might just be i need a bit more help in the cookhouse than before

the rumours of my death arnt true but i just have to take it easier for a while

i am due a aniogram on monday so will be out before the weekend and the plains trip will be my relax weekend

sorry if i hadnt contacted the forum before but had problems loging on if you need to contact me use the facebook account as i can get on there

Great news Dave and very releived you are getting back to your old self. You had us all very worried down here matey, your not just a very good field cook mate, you are a very good freind as well. All you need to do is show us how to turn the cooker on mate and we will do the rest. You just sit back, have a beer and relax and enjoy the weekend.

see you soon bud.

Tony.

well out of hospital tonight but still have to take it easy for a while:( but i will be down on the thursday due to taking a very gentle drive down 1/2 hour shifts at a time so take about 6 hrs

cookhouse will be open maybe just a adjustment on the menu as dont know how long can stand for the moment but i have 10 days to get ready for it:-D

well out of hospital tonight but still have to take it easy for a while:( but i will be down on the thursday due to taking a very gentle drive down 1/2 hour shifts at a time so take about 6 hrs

cookhouse will be open maybe just a adjustment on the menu as dont know how long can stand for the moment but i have 10 days to get ready for it:-D

Hello Dave, don't worry to much about the menu's mate, I'm sure we can throw somthing together that the guys will like. All we need to get in tonnes of baked beans and spuds. Feel a blazing saddles sketch coming on.... Just bear with me on the cooking front mate,

126fs4147532.gif

Dave, why don't you forget about cooking for us all mate, you have just come out of hospital and need to take it easy, just come for the weekend and enjoy it, i'm quite sure we can all fend for ourselves.

Besides, I don't fancy giving you mouth to mouth if you get ill again! :shocked::-D

i used the first happy eater on the 303 last time i went that way as it was the first one to be revamped and wasnt that bad just a bit pricy i should be on site thursday pm so i could do a breakfast friday if you want

Your not joking Dave, great scram but a tad pricey... I will knock up some bacon butties if you want???

Hello All,

I have been a bit naughty and just got around to reading my latest plains update, and was shocked to hear about Dave, but came straight on here and hunted down this thread, and am pleased to see from your comments Dave you are on the mend. It will be good to see you all at the weekend, my boy and I are really looking forward to it, but please Dave take it easy. I will pitch my tent next to DaveP, as he did a good spread at Beltring, cheese, crackers and wine!

Get well Dave, see you all at the weekend.

Dougy

Great to have you both on board Dougy. Cheese and crackers, hell has the man won the lottery?? I'm pitching next to you in that case.

Right, just a few things. Due to the constant rain, we have been unable to cut the corn so the big field is a no go at the moment. Mark is going to try and get the headland cut before the weekend but at the moment, the rain is still falling and will be falling again tomorrow. Fingers crossed it clears long enough for two runs around the outside, this should give us at least a good run around the outside.

Please guys, remember, if you are bringing anything on a lowloader, please check your head room. There is a bridge with a 13.5 hight limit just up from the farm. Once you are on Sarsans lane just look for Piper's hill farm on your left.....

I have added the post code for the Weyhill Hawk Concervancy for your SatNavs SP118DY. This place is right next to the camp site. I will post my MOBNUM tomorrow if you should need it.

Lastly, may I just take this moment to thank all you guys that are risking the weather to spend time down here with us. We have a variaty of things to do over the weekend, Middle Wallop Museum, Salisbury Plain run and the pud display just to name a few. We do have a few village fete's running over the weekend if anyone fancy there chance on the cocanut stall....

If there is anything else you need to know please feel free to ask.

See you all very soon.

Tony.

Chris, you still got your Tiger1 kicking around mate? Fancy a battle with my little PanterG. Not as big as your, but like they say mate, it's not the size that counts. I'm trying to get Simon to bring his RC HUEY for the day, first one to nose it gets a lolly....

Planing to bring it but not sure that there's enough room

plans at the mo are coming thursday pm so set up in time for everyone fri morning plus some tac signs out by road

Dave, any idea of an ETA mate? can't get away from work till 5ish. The boss is playing silly mind games as ussual. I will get over to you ASAP so please don,t set nothing up till we get there, you should be resting up. I will be staying on site with you Thursday for an early start Friday.

probably be about 5 by the time i get there and help will be great setting up

We will be there from 5 onwords mate, If Dapper remembers to bring my money over we can do a bit of shopping later on. We need to get the cook house set up, I have two large marque type tents to put up, plus yogi's tent. That is about it, phill will try and get over for about seven, so a trip to the local might be called forafter we have set-up. I have seen a list of vehicles in this years run and it looks pretty darn impresive. Sadly the Stolly can't make it due to not being able to get transport. Paulob1 and sirhc, are you going to be able to come? just need to know for food.

See you all soon.

Tony.