8cwt trailer

Has anyone come across one of these? Are they post war? The plate says its a 8cwt Trailer, Hose Carrying. I'm trying to see what is original on it and what is not! I know the metal at the front isn't original as the guy before used to carry his motorbike in it. But don't know about wheels or mudguards.

Nigel

ebay10cwttrailer.jpg

ebay10cwttrailer3.jpg

MyTrailer5ID.jpg

MyTrailer6.jpg

Has anyone come across one of these? Are they post war? The plate says its a 8cwt Trailer, Hose Carrying. I'm trying to see what is original on it and what is not! I know the metal at the front isn't original as the guy before used to carry his motorbike in it. But don't know about wheels or mudguards.

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I would say by the contract number, that it is postwar. There is a Royal Navy census number on there and the "T" denote Tropicalised, meaning that any wood has been treated. As it says hose carrier, it might be something to do with fire fighting.

No use to you Mr W best you donate it to Balmullo Fire & Light Rescue Service !!

Not until you can tell me everything about it Ted!! Happy New Year by the way!! Better be quick though as it is about to be taken apart. Does tropicalised mean desertised?

Nigel