anti-freeze

griff66

Question

9 answers to this question

Tony,

stupid question...is that what you should do..change every 18 months or so. I usually go on colour (and occassionally with the spec gravity tester), although thats not a very good measure...and if I have not had to top up I am guessing nothing has evaporated from the system.....am I way off with that?

Mick

Tony,

stupid question...is that what you should do..change every 18 months or so. I usually go on colour (and occassionally with the spec gravity tester), although thats not a very good measure...and if I have not had to top up I am guessing nothing has evaporated from the system.....am I way off with that?

Mick

Habit, the water round here is so hard you eat it rather than drink it. Also it allows me to chck for colour etc. I also flush the system at the same time. The old stuff is saved, and dumped in the less valuable vehicles, ie the heaps we crash round the feilds.

Anti Freeze should, in general, be changed every two years. Some products are long life and last for five years. Having said that I haven't changed the anti freeze in my Defender in ages. I've got some work on in the spring as I need to do all 3 of my vehicles. By the way the AL39 I've got in the garage (which I found there one day:cool2:) is very blue and very thick, I don't know who makes the military anti freeze though.