interesting pic

Willyslancs

Fairly certain that it is not Rouen as that is where the British vehicles went. Almost certainly to be Le Mans.

That would add a whole new outlook to the 24 hour race! Any idea what the production of vehicles was during the Great War? Considering the amount produced pre war there must have been a hell of jump.

OK font of all knowledge. Yes for the manufacturing at the time a remarkable achivment. Considering in the forties they were turning out Dodges about one every three minutes, how long did a Liberty take?

I've also read that it was as a result of the Liberty's design by comitte that when re-armermaent camethe idea was approved to issue a basic requirment to the US motor industry and let them get on with it.

What a great question. Had to get my calculator out for this one, but averaging 42 a day equates to one every 34 minutes. But the 15 different manufacturers had their own production rates with Gramm-Bernstein and Pierce Arrow averaging out 4.4 a day each while Kelly Springfield were doing just 1.3 a day.

You are quite right as to the design technique. The Army got a group of truck manufacturers together and told them to design a truck for the Army. The Liberty is what they came up with and what a cracking truck it is.

What a great question. Had to get my calculator out for this one, but averaging 42 a day equates to one every 34 minutes. But the 15 different manufacturers had their own production rates with Gramm-Bernstein and Pierce Arrow averaging out 4.4 a day each while Kelly Springfield were doing just 1.3 a day.

You are quite right as to the design technique. The Army got a group of truck manufacturers together and told them to design a truck for the Army. The Liberty is what they came up with and what a cracking truck it is.

Does his knowledge know no bounds? :???

No, i am afraid not. Father always say that if i dont know the answer i will make it up as there is no one about to prove me wrong. However I can confirm that i have never done that. In this instance the production figures are recorded in a book that John (FWD Texas) put me on to. A great book, especially for sad old gits like me.

Tim