CVR(T) Stallion

Stone

There's one on Milweb at the moment (here)

So, who has any details? To my eye they look a lot like Streaker / Shielder but those new light clusters make them look a lot more aggressive, the rest of the CVR(T)s are a bit 'My First Tank' :cool2:

Stone

Edited by Marmite!!
Photo removed copyright Milweb

The Stallion was the ptototype for the Stormer based Shielder. A small number were built and sent to the Gulf in 1991. At least 3 survive, the one on milweb was rescued by a friend of mine and sold on to A&S. Here are photos of the other 2...

Stoneleigh 033.jpg

Withams-2004-1 (31).JPG

CORRECTION !!!

The Stallion that is for sale by Sammy at A+S belongs to me.

I took the remains of the vehicle in a deal with Marcus glenn three years ago.

The Stallion will be returning to my workshop in the next few weeks,I will then decide what to do with the vehicle.

When I bought the vehicle back then I collected armoured vehicles but have since restuctured the collection to Artillery.

Rob..........................................rnixartillery.

I have one pair,but there should be 6 dampers in total so I need to shop around for the other four, apart from that the vehicle is complete.

I do like the look of the vehicle which is what originaly attracted me to it in the first place , but the few remaining Stallions do have slight differences notably the light clusters.

My vehicle is registered for the road,sorned at present and I also have about 2 ton of spares plus a spare engine which came of the unfortunate Stallions that were scrapped.

I am not sure but think there is four surviving Stallions so they are quite a rare and unusual beast plus they are diesel which makes a big difference these days.

Don't quite no what to do with mine which is why its up for sale,i'll leave it to chance ?

Rob.........rnixartillery

Edited by rnixartillery
spelling correction

Rob,

When you take it on the road I think you'll need to add some weight on the back. If I remember correctly the other sand coloured one had the internal stowage compartments under the load bed full of metal and concrete to give it some traction. I saw it tow a Samaritan on wet grass and the tracks were slipping quite badly!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do with it!

Chris

How close is the Stormer to the other CVR(T) series in terms of parts etc? I'd noticed the extra road wheel each side but not the added width...

Looks like a nice step up from the CVR(T) but not as chunky as the Warrior :)

Stone

Stone,

That's a difficult one to answer. They are wider and longer. The wheels, tracks, sprockets, dampers and many other parts are the same as the rest of the variants. The final drives are different, but the Stormer final drives are now being fitted to the other variants. Not sure how the Stormer engine and gearbox compare to the CVR(T) (D) variants, but they will be different to the Petrol ones. A lot of parts such as the clutch are upgraded to take the extra torque from the diesel engine, and the brakes are also uprated.

CVR(T) vehicles are constantly having new parts fitted, they are quite different now to how they were built.

Chris

CVRT 235.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hello...

I was wondering about the CVR(T) Stallion as I am looking to get my first tank. Its very Unique and I know a great vehicle when I see one. I noticed that there are only 4 left apparently which sucks but still in any case I might be able to create a replica instead if I can not buy one, I also know that they are really expencive as seen on the Milweb site (£15000), a Lot of money but I can see why as there are so few.

Can anyone help me out with more detailed info on this vehicle and also if anyone that owns one can send me a multitude of detailed HiRes pictures and Blueprints? The pictures are needed for redesign not only for the real life replica but also in 3D CGi as I would like to put this beast in my art designs I am working on... Cheers :-)

Hello...

I was wondering about the CVR(T) Stallion as I am looking to get my first tank. Its very Unique and I know a great vehicle when I see one. I noticed that there are only 4 left apparently which sucks but still in any case I might be able to create a replica instead if I can not buy one, I also know that they are really expencive as seen on the Milweb site (£15000), a Lot of money but I can see why as there are so few.

Can anyone help me out with more detailed info on this vehicle and also if anyone that owns one can send me a multitude of detailed HiRes pictures and Blueprints? The pictures are needed for redesign not only for the real life replica but also in 3D CGi as I would like to put this beast in my art designs I am working on... Cheers :-)

Reduced to £12,500 with spares ,worth every penny ! :-D

Rob............................rnixartillery

Hi... I didnt think anyone would respond so quickly lol, Thats cool guys, Im serious about getting this vehicle, £12,500 ay, that is a great price for something so rare and with extra parts too, nice, a Couple of minor inquiries though, Paul - what condition is the 1 in Sussex in? (Not that I mind because I want a pair of these cool beasts and will spend time on cleaning it up and getting it to run) - how much is it going for?...

Rob - How long are you expecting to keep it before you think it would sell? (I have quite a lot to sort out money wise at the moment but I am definatly interested in buying this vehicle off you, I would treat it Very well, give it a great home, I would take it to shows and keep it in mint condition too :-)). Also I still have to get my H Licence as well which will take quite some time annoyingly :P, One thing after the other ay, but eventually I intend on owning 1 or 2 within the next year, 2 preferably :-D... At the moment some great HiRes shots from all angles would be a great help and blueprints if possible... Thanks :-)

Nice vehicle and I would say well worth £12.5K. Having said that these are never going to be as easy to shift as, say a Scorpion or Sabre, but then they are not rare or unique vehicles in the way that a Stallion is (in relative terms anyway).. Ultimately though any vehicle is only worth what someone will pay for it and this does give rise to some anomalies - just look at the rock bottom prices that Stollies make these days, and is one Scorpion really worth the same as 3 good 432's ?

Some people also like vehicles with a bit more history to them and my understanding is these were not particularly successful vehicles in service so maybe that puts some off...

Whatever you buy just make sure you enjoy it !

Cheers

Hi Timbo :-)... Yeah you're right about that. Its all based on a persons perception, me for example see the details in a vehicle which is why I prefer the wedge shaped type, its just my preference, All tracked vehicles are pretty much the same I guess and I guess thats what makes me picky :P, You like what you like ay...

The stallion isnt the only vehicle im looking at though obviously because ive seen some really great vehicles and I do really like apc's a lot so I am lookin for 1 or 2 of those :-), They would be So Cool rolling down my street as its your typical main rural road where everyone has the same lame standard car parked on their drive and im just looking to be myself and it might seem over doing it a bit but its me and what I like, we all got hobbies, mine just so happens to be Tracked military vehicles :D...

I shall keep an eye out on them 432's aswell, I see a varient 439 for sale, I would Love to own it but funds of mine are a little tight at the moment but none the less I have plenty of time to look for and buy these vehicles as there are plenty for sale every month, its just the stallion is so rare that I need to gather enough funds as quickly as possible to nab it :P and if I do get it - I Will Definatly Enjoy it!, wish me luck ay lol... Cheers :-)

Hi... I didnt think anyone would respond so quickly lol, Thats cool guys, Im serious about getting this vehicle, £12,500 ay, that is a great price for something so rare and with extra parts too, nice, a Couple of minor inquiries though, Paul - what condition is the 1 in Sussex in? (Not that I mind because I want a pair of these cool beasts and will spend time on cleaning it up and getting it to run) - how much is it going for?...

Rob - How long are you expecting to keep it before you think it would sell? (I have quite a lot to sort out money wise at the moment but I am definatly interested in buying this vehicle off you, I would treat it Very well, give it a great home, I would take it to shows and keep it in mint condition too :-)). Also I still have to get my H Licence as well which will take quite some time annoyingly :P, One thing after the other ay, but eventually I intend on owning 1 or 2 within the next year, 2 preferably :-D... At the moment some great HiRes shots from all angles would be a great help and blueprints if possible... Thanks :-)

No pictures,Turn up with the cash,try it and take it.Once paid for you can chop it up into little pieces and post it around the world !

This vehicle is a bargain in todays standards,Diesel powered,road registered and 1 of 4.

What more could one ask for ?:banghead:

Rob..........................rnixartillery.

CVR(T) vehicles are constantly having new parts fitted, they are quite different now to how they were built.

Chris

Indeed. Light Dragoons battlegroup went out to the sandpit last year and took delivery of some of 104 "new" Scimitars which had taken sandpit modifications to a complete new level.

Last time I saw it (year ago) It was in good running order with very good overal condition, it would have been outside since then, so not sure now.. but would assume still good

yes paul, mine and daves Stallion is in exeptionaly clean condition. currently in the q for me to shot blast and respray for this years w&p.

anyone who wants to come have a look for any reason, our door is always open (must bring biscuits, the rules!),

jez

So now we have two of the preserved ones tracked down.

Any ideas who has the other two ?

from what i remember a while back it was

Us

Sammie Clarke

Gordon Wilson

Rob Nixon

as far as im aware we still have our :), i think sammie still has his, who else on here has one? have they changed hands?

from what i remember a while back it was

Us

Sammie Clarke

Gordon Wilson

Rob Nixon

as far as im aware we still have our :), i think sammie still has his, who else on here has one? have they changed hands?

Right Chaps,

It was my Stallion that was regretfuly at A+S,there is also another preserved Stallion in the Royal engineers museum at Gillingham (if that is were the museum is ) This was the clean one at War and Peace last year,it is cared for by several friends of the museum.

So that makes four.

I also have parts from the remaining two scraped Stallions,An engine ,2 wireing harnesses and loads of other parts.

Rob.........................rnixartillery.