20 Inch British Wheels and Tyres

Bodge Deep

On my various meanderings I came across these on Sunday. They are 20 Inch Wheels n tyres. Dunno what they're off but they look solid enough still and are only a sandblast and lick of paint away from being useable. They're dumped with a load of crap on waste ground between Kendal and Lancaster. They may be of use to someone here before they get slung on the scrap pile. The tyres are Dunlop Track Grip 14.00 x 20 T24C/2

PM me and I'll let you know where if they are of interest. They aren't mine or anything to do with me but i can put you in touch with the site owners. There's 2 of 'em

1.JPG

2.jpg

On my various meanderings I came across these on Sunday. They are 20 Inch Wheels n tyres. Dunno what they're off but they look solid enough still and are only a sandblast and lick of paint away from being useable. They're dumped with a load of crap on waste ground between Kendal and Lancaster. They may be of use to someone here before they get slung on the scrap pile. The tyres are Dunlop Track Grip 14.00 x 20 T24C/2

PM me and I'll let you know where if they are of interest. They aren't mine or anything to do with me but i can put you in touch with the site owners.

There's 2 of 'em

look a bit scammell too me ? can anyone else tell us more ?

the tyres will go on a Stalwart, or with a squeeze, a Saracen, or Saladin, although there may be clearance problems on the last two, as saracens and Saladins only had 12.00-20's as a max size. but as sombody said if the tyres are almost worn out, they wouldn't be any good to anyone ,...unless they were never going to be used on the road

Looks very much like Pioneer or explorer.Too me

If the tyres are the wrong size Daz give me a pm as i'm looking for some 14.00 x 20 bar grips

Ok Mate. I'm really after the rims as a couple of mine are very bad. I'll let you know when I get them, although the tread looks pretty well worn in the photos. Cheers. Daz

• 2 weeks later...

PM me and I'll let you know where if they are of interest. They aren't mine or anything to do with me but i can put you in touch with the site owners. There's 2 of 'em

These wheel centres will fit a Scammell Pioneer / Explorer or AEC Matador /Militant they are AEC centres as they have four extra holes in them to allow for the AEC brake drum retaining bolts

Daz

Ive got 4 good 20" rims if you want them off a Morris Quad, But I'm in Oxfordshire.

Jules

Thanks Jules for your offer but I need to go up there anyway so nothing lost. If for some reason there's a problem with these I may well be in touch. Daz

• 2 weeks later...

Well I picked up the wheels on Saturday. The mud and rain made them a little tricky to pick up on my own, especially as one seems to be partially full of water :sweat:, but it was worth it. The one underneath had sunk into the bank and hedge and I had to resort to towing it out with the car. The underneath one had decent tread-better than anything on my Explorer and the rims will clean up nicely. Thanks Bodge for the info about these.

Daz

035.jpg

034.jpg