Ferret tyres

Lord Burley

Right. Some advice from you lot. I have virtually given up on getting a set of track grips. And was going to opt for a set of 900x16 bar grips,as its the closest in pattern to the track grips. A question though. I'm concerned that the sidewalls being thiner will not take the extra weight of the Ferret. Anyone give advice on this???.

There's a set of Trakgrips on Milweb at the moment. A Ferret is not heavy, how much does a fully loaded 101 weigh? You won't have a problem with any 9.00x16 tyre which you fit.
Are those the ones being sold by Frank Burberry. If they are,then they are already sold. So you wouldnt have reservations fitting 900x16 bar grips????.

A set of tracgrips r on ebay @ £1000!

Withams r also selling 9.00 by 16's

Michelin XZL 255/100 R 16 (900 R 16)

New Unused Normally fitted on RB 44 but ideal for Landrover 101`s, 110 Desert Patrol etc. Very High Quality Tyre Quantity 9 available £125 a vat each.

01476 861361

I like the price. But the pattern is too far removed from the track grip.

I wouldn't fit bar grips, I don't like them and I don't think they'd look good. I prefer the Continental type tread, such as the Danubianas I have on mine. The Petlas Andy has look good too.
Are they still available though. As the 101 guys have trouble getting them as well.

Are they still available though. As the 101 guys have trouble getting them as well.

Petlas seem to very difficult to get hold off, when I bought mine I bought the tyre importers last remaining stock.

They don't look to bad hadn't seen those before if only I had the pennies I'd buy five.

Tracgrips wern't the only tyre fitted to the Ferret but it depends on where the Ferret was operated.

These look like the continental type of tyre that Chris has on his

http://www.ferret-fv701.co.uk/inservice/badgergrp11.jpg

These seem to be a sand type of tyre

http://www.ferret-fv701.co.uk/mnuls/08bb65smllr.JPG

If you're only doing low milage Tracgrips are o.k. but you still can't past the fact that most if not all Tracgrip tyre stocks r 20 plus years old.

hi

I have petlas nato stock 900 x16 tyres which are new from a tyre company on both my ferrets.

And to be honest their far better than trackgrip or bar grip when on the road in rain and off road the side wall issue was something i was reluctant at first but after a bit of homework they have proved to be a great reliable replacement.

If you want any info on the tyre then just email me !

regards