Vehicle History

Dougy FV432

Hello All,

No doubt this has been asked before, but what is the proper procedure to find out the military history of an ex-mod vehicle? I believe in the last couple of years all the records where moved. What is the current address? Does it make any difference to which type of vehicle you want to research be it say landrover or 432, is it all under one roof? Is there a period from release before the info is available? And how far do the records go back?

Regards

Dougy

Try writing to:

ES (Land) Cencus Team

Chetwynd Barracks

Chilwell

Nottingham

NG9 5HA

And see what they say. They should be able to send you the record cards. Let me know if you make a useful contact, this place is just down the road from me.

Chris

When I started to look into the history of my Unimog I contacted the RLC at Deepcut but they were unable to help & told me that records are not released until five years (I think) after demob , however they did suggest I contacted Chetwynd , as Chris has already told you , and they came up with a copy of the record card for me .