drips and drops

rosie

Each evening our eldest has some valerian hops (its to help him calm down and relax as he is quite hyper)

anyway I usually hand him a cup of water with the correct amount of drops in and say 'here's your drops', tonight however I said 'here's your drips' R-cubed said 'well whats the difference between drips and drops?'

so c'mon then guys when does a drip become a drop or (vice versa)?????

I think all drips are drops but not all drops are drips.

Drips form on the underneath of surafces, taps etc, they grow until surface tension can no longer hold them, then they break free and fall, they are then drips or drops. Either name is equally valid.

Rain drops form by condensing out of a cloud. They have not formed under a tap or a leaky gutter for eaxample, they are drops which never have been drips.

Acid drops are not drips either, they are a sweet......

Edited by antarmike

I think all drips are drops but not all drops are drips.

Drips form on the underneath of surafces, taps etc, they grow until surface tension can no longer hold them, then they break free and fall, they are then drips or drops. Either name is equally valid.

Rain drops form by condensing out of a cloud. They have not formed under a tap or a leaky gutter for eaxample, they are drops which never have been drips.

Acid drops are not drips either, they are a sweet......

DROPS is an army acronym for a hook lorry (Demountable Rack Offload and Pickup System)

Drips are people of a soft nature who probably can't see the point of this hobby.:coffee:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: you make me laugh guys!!!!!

Hmm so, if drips and drops are sort of related in so much as when on a tap and then just after leaving the tap is there any connection to splishes and splashes.......
Its not too obvious that our NTL box blew up the other night and we can only get BBC 1, BBC 2, ITV and Chan 4 at the moment????!!!!!!

My brother would get on well with Mr Whittaker, he wrote his PhD thesis on the magnetic fields within a raindrop, one page of which was completely full of apparently random numbers, all done way before computers. After studying it hard for a few hours a pattern not unlike a 3D depiction of the rings in an onion eventually appeared. It passed, although apparently one of the examiners never worked that page out.

He is now retired and still shows no sign of getting bored by this endlessly absorbing and fascinating subject.

I have been out this morning in my waterproofs laying down on the drive watching the rain hitting the floor and also splashing in to small puddles very interesting if you have nothing else to do... Although when my wife came into the drive in the car she was quite alarmed as she thought I had had a heart attack and had collapsed in the drive, after I got up quick as she came in I thought she might not have seen me and run me over....

• 2 weeks later...
I have been out this morning in my waterproofs laying down on the drive watching the rain hitting the floor and also splashing in to small puddles very interesting if you have nothing else to do... Although when my wife came into the drive in the car she was quite alarmed as she thought I had had a heart attack and had collapsed in the drive, after I got up quick as she came in I thought she might not have seen me and run me over....
OMG only just found this post by my poor old disturbed husband, he was obviously having a funny moment.

maybe I should have run him over!