GPA restoration. Befor & after

mark m uk

Here is one I did earlier - much earlier!

In fact about 10 or 15 years ago I'd guess

A few pictures of my GPA, before and after. I hope you can see for yourselves which are the before shots !

scan0008-2.jpg

scan0006-2.jpg

scan0005-2.jpg

scan0011-1.jpg

scan0010-1.jpg

scan0007-3.jpg

scan0009-1.jpg

Well, I hope you have not been too bored by my pictures, sorry about the quality of the shots but they were taken on a regular camera and scanned.

One picture shows the original military unit numbers, It is always such a buzz when that happens.

Best wishes, Regards Mark.

Thank you Wolfy and Willy.

Wolfy, you are well informed.

The GPA is universally regarded as one of the most challenging restoration projects to undertake. It was a S.o.a.B in more ways than are imaginable.

I think I got mine water tight, but have to confess it has never been swum - thats why it still looks almost as good today as when I first finished it :-D

It is too much work, and too valuable to ruin for the sake of a bit of fun.

I am sure you are familiar with my VW166 replica thingy build ? well, this is why - 'cos I wanna play in the water!

i agree with you mate , i dont off road my jeep , thats why it looks as good as it did when painted about 19 years ago. (its an old lady, 1944 !)

Agreed - it does take a bit of restraint - but if you really have to do it, there are plenty of old $hitty $uzukis SJ's out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Having like most people on here, started with a pile of sh*t,and then done our best to make it into something to be proud of, I can appreciate what has gone into your G.P.A. resto'

My hat is raised very high to you. Superb job.

I also go along with the not getting all that hard work messed up just because someone thinks you should off road (in your case off land) it because that's what it was designed to do.

in awe, Jeff

Well done, but have you chaps ever thought of having a rubrised membrane sprayed on. The same stuff that is used here in Canada to waterproof basments. It is verry strong and almost 1 mm thick depending on howmany coats. I have seen it and am very impresed with it and would use it to waterproof anything.

:) G.P.A. do'nt see many of them , great looking restoration , as for going in the water with the swimer i think you might find once its done that it too will be of great value :shocked: , I used to have an argo cat for going into water , was ok but now have a 1972 Raidtrac 418 was said to be prototype ex millitary swamp master , very rare