electric power drain on Fox

OK I know there is a master switch but I forgot to turn it off so now have flat batteries

I have previously noticed that with tghe igniotion turned off but with master still on the main beam (headlight) warning bulb glows very faintly

clealry therefore I have a power drain despite the ignition circuit being off and its enough to flatten batteries over the course of 2 months

anyone have any thoughts on cures (other than make sure you turn off the master switch next time :()

The only way is the hard way. Check the circuit for the headlamp bulb has any live connection . Unfortunatley the dashboard wiring on most British MV's was designed by a blind plumber. Check permenat powered leads, which lights should have, for alead that has frayed or come close to another lead, and clean all the contacts grime can cause power to leack,

The problem is proably the six way light switch, that has to be the worst single component ever designed for British MV's.

anyone have any thoughts on cures (other than make sure you turn off the master switch next time :()

Silly man.... Only sure fire way is to disconnect the batteries.

:pfrt:

... just can't get the staff, you can add it to your list of vehicles you maintain and come and have another go at the gbox if you like, still not right :-D

what about the painting you wanted - I was supposed to do it for you in August. :yay: