Clearance sale at Beke nr Paris

Scammell4199

Does anyone know if the massive stock of spares for sale at Beke nr Paris is going to be snapped up? Anything left, at the moment all of it, will be scrapped in the new year if not bought, including spares for GMC, Chev, Pacific and Diamond T. Word is scrapping of complete vehicles has already commenced with upto 10 a day going in the pot!!!

I'd buy it all myself if I had the money, surely someone is going to rescue all these valuable spares?

Richard

Nice to see someone else is concerned :thumbsup:

In answer to your question, I'm led to believe the important parts will be saved.

Rest assured that very few of the complete vehicles are of military origin, and the state of most of those that are might frighten you!!! (see Autocar thread).

There may be better information in a few weeks, till then here's a big pair of "T"s for you :cool2:

Big Ts.jpg

400 tonnes of spares is no understatement, how much of it is any use to collectors is another thing. While there were some absolute treasures, a lot of it is just fit for recycling. They had things like boxes of Ward La France crane drive sprockets- how many of those does the world need? They never really wear out! They also had piles of gearbox internals for Ward boxes but it made more sense to buy complete new boxed gearboxes from them.

Another picture of a DT. I believe this one is being broken for spares for UK collectors.

DT.jpg

Edited by Grasshopper

Dead easy to find when you tap in 94400 Vitry, which is the French town. I didnt realise Beke was the name of the company.

The photos shown on this thread in the woods, are they at the same location?

I see on milweb they are closing for 2010 is that retirement or the French laws about scrapyards that have brought on closure?

Christian

I did visit BEKE last Friday. Many vehicles was already torched and more to follow. It was not a pretty sight I can say. I did pick up a number of wheels and other stuff for my GMC (the best truck ever made) but tonnes of other parts will be scrapped soon. I can recommend to pay them a visit – they are extremely helpful an the prices seems fair. I have posted a number of pics on my homepage – http://www.kimh.dk/paris

Thanks for those pictures Kim, what a shame that a number of these vehicles have already been broken up already as those pictures look like a number are salvageable.

I suppose this has happaned up and down the UK over the years as well but has never been highlighted quite so much.

Thanks for those pictures Kim, what a shame that a number of these vehicles have already been broken .

Have to agree with Smithy there - how sad is that place.

Here's the question - why didn't they sell this stuff of years ago when it was in better (and worth more) condition. It seems this mindset just isn't a British one.....