Living on site at shows..

ArtistsRifles

For those who live in vehicles rather than tents whilst at shows - what about one of these as home for a few days....

Star-660-1.jpg

Star-660-2.jpg

Star-660-3.jpg

All the images are copyright of http://www.pa-ko.com.pl

The base truck is a Star 660 - apparently up for grabs for £2K, I think Paulob1 can testify as the build of these vehicles. Did you get one of this type Paul or were yours the equivalent of GS variants??

they are excellent trucks, told you before but it will cost at least 1900 euros to get one home unless you go get it yourself, you can fit two rtucks in a load...let me know if you want the hauliers as i can get you some good prices...the big problem with the ambulance body is the fact that it is open space only when its fully open, when its closed there is very little space in it...so for some it may be a bind, you will need portable beds and all that sort likely carried in a trailer...they are not the most powerful of trucks so dont be expecting high speed on roads but they will do about 60 kmph...stolly sorts of speeds...you will need to sort the ingition and plugs and you may need to change the carb as i am looking into doing...

but they are such characterful vehicle really quirky...and relativerly easy to work on if a bit over complex for a simple truck...air operated diff locks, mechanical 4 and 6 wheel drive, high and low in 6 wheel only...4 wheel high only...no power steering, that takes a new style of driving, you get used to that...but I do have to say they are just a fun vehicle...arent they all

I'm thinking on this one Paul... Got to finish the Stolly off once the builders finish here then I can pursue the options. At least SWMBO hasn't given it an immediate thumbs down! :)

If you are buying on a semi-regular basis perhaps we could share the costs of a low-loader back at sometime??

neil yes this will save you tons, will half the costs but i would seriously try to buy a 266 equiped version, they are a bit more expensive but more modern too...the star 660 is really a 1940's truck made in the 1960's to 1980's with few improvements over old engineering practices, some of it seems very old indeed...the carburettor and the mechanical components seem agricultural to say the least....innovatively its really nice but as i say there are some really odd bits...you should pop down and have a look at my two...

neil yes this will save you tons, will half the costs but i would seriously try to buy a 266 equiped version, they are a bit more expensive but more modern too...the star 660 is really a 1940's truck made in the 1960's to 1980's with few improvements over old engineering practices, some of it seems very old indeed...the carburettor and the mechanical components seem agricultural to say the least....innovatively its really nice but as i say there are some really odd bits...you should pop down and have a look at my two...

That's interesting Paul (may well take you up on the offer to view) - is the 266 available with that type of body?? That is the part that takes my interest as you may have guessed. Comes to that - is that body fitted to any other Warsaw pact vehicle such as Zils or Tatra's??

Nah, too may curtains to close at night.....but seriuosly no, no, no.

The whole idea of converting and fitting out a living trailer was that there was no messing about. If you have a long drive, you can stop in a layby and put the kettle on in thirty seconds. If travelling any distance, you can sleep in the van without any setting up, and rolling into a showground at 23.30, I can go to bed, not have to start unfolding, unpacking and winding down legs. Sounds more impractcal than living under casnvass...

Nope this one is not for me, sorry

Edited by antarmike

no it is only the star and it is on the 266 as well as the 660...it is very big inside but there is a bit of set up, not massive and nowhere near as much as a tent, but you will have to transfer stuff from the trailer to the truck, but once done...luxury accomodation for sure...and cooler than a tent and equally warmer when needed...

understand Mike this is not for you, but Neil has different needs.

no it is only the star and it is on the 266 as well as the 660...it is very big inside but there is a bit of set up, not massive and nowhere near as much as a tent, but you will have to transfer stuff from the trailer to the truck, but once done...luxury accomodation for sure...and cooler than a tent and equally warmer when needed...

understand Mike this is not for you, but Neil has different needs.

Not the least being a wife with "VIEWS" - particularly on MV's in general.... :)