Jeep Accessories

N.O.S.

I think it comes from the catalogue page marked as 'how much clutter can you fit on a wwii vehicle before the clutch burns out or the suspension collapses!'

Minimum requirements include a .30, a .50, a Thompson a Garand, a .45 and a Bren, a wire cutter (with a german helmet) 500 feet of rope wound round the front bumper, bustle rack, 2 or 3 arials (but no radio fitted), 8 or 9 musette bags, old bike tied to the front, canvas bucket, windsceeen wading instructions, all pioneer tools stripped varished and polished, large stars and stripes that could be seen and straffed from a distance of about 19 miles, K Ration crates, D Ration crates one of those wildly overpriced and seldom seen in combat hull compasses, bridging plate, windscreen bag, spare tyre cover headlamp covers, leather scabbard with another Garand, roll of barbed wire, paratroopers drop down rope, baseball bat and catchers mit, carbine (postwar model) and coke bottle opener... :)

I think it comes from the catalogue page marked as 'how much clutter can you fit on a wwii vehicle before the clutch burns out or the suspension collapses!'

Minimum requirements include a .30, a .50, a Thompson a Garand, a .45 and a Bren, a wire cutter (with a german helmet) 500 feet of rope wound round the front bumper, bustle rack, 2 or 3 arials (but no radio fitted), 8 or 9 musette bags, old bike tied to the front, canvas bucket, windsceeen wading instructions, all pioneer tools stripped varished and polished, large stars and stripes that could be seen and straffed from a distance of about 19 miles, K Ration crates, D Ration crates one of those wildly overpriced and seldom seen in combat hull compasses, bridging plate, windscreen bag, spare tyre cover headlamp covers, leather scabbard with another Garand, roll of barbed wire, paratroopers drop down rope, baseball bat and catchers mit, carbine (postwar model) and coke bottle opener... :)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

OH ye of little faith, the ones i have normally seen are silver in colour with the trade mark painted in red, this being subdued must be an origonal "combat" version.................................possibly a barn find.

Ashley

Minimum requirements include a .30, ............................................... and coke bottle opener... :)

Was this the reason they considered a 6x6 Jeep? :-D

Yes, the Jeep with the bottle opener was the most well and truly loaded I've seen so far - but I've got to say it looked 'the biz'. I liked it. A lot. A good way to display all the kit you collect - no point in leaving it at home.

I wonder what will be hanging off my Autocar (other than Jack). :idea:

Guest Yin717

I think it's pretty cool. My Dad would love it. He loves random but useful/useless things, and just just one of them. However I think Jessie The Jeep's one defenatley would get my Dad on the floor laughing and get his wallet out. lol.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Bodge. But the bottle opener is interesting none the less, is it genuine? i've never seen one before.

Richard

OK so now you guys have finished slagging my 42 Willys MB.....thats a genuine STARR X brand 1927 dated coca cola bottle opener...when i restored this one of my 2 jeeps it had 2 holes there in the tub..i had NO idea of what to put there or what was there i saw an original pic of a coke bottle opener mounted on the dash of an 8th USAAF jeep and i thought no way.....so i won one on EBay (these openers were not dated after 1935 ) offered the bottle opener up to the original tub holes and they lined up perfectly.

I amn not saying thats what was there originally but i am sure some enterprising GI "may" have mounted one there......certainly useful and Bodge you missed out the obligatory baseball bat and mitt and E/506th markings.....:-)

Regards

Lloyd

That was at the 96th BG Open Day at Snetterton in September, Lloyd.

My GMC Lindy Lou was parked outside the museum - the second year I've let Alfie down by not taking the AUTOCAR (sorry Jack that just slipped out...)

I didn't post a photo of all of CONNIE as I suspected the Coke opener thing may attract some critical comments :-D and I hadn't got around to meeting you - where did the time go? I'm sure everyone would appreciate a photo of her in all her glory (what you can see of her under all that stuff anyway :cool2:)

To answer my own question, yes I think this could well be the ultimate accessory - what other combination of vehicle and accessory is so ..... iconic, so ....... American?

Will Jack send a prize your way? :coffee: