Jeep Accessories

N.O.S.

Ah yes a nice event that NOS at Snetterton i had 2 of my Jeeps there the 8th AF Service Command Jeep was mine also.......CONNIE is a typical representation of a US Armored Recon Jeep and cluttered up as period pics show and bear out with KRat boxes..coffee pot ..bustle rack etc etc all useful in field things......just be thankful it didnt have the 60mm mortar in the back LOL ..like it usually does.

I agree there are some very overcluttered jeeps out there c/w kitchen sink but hopefully mine was just right...

Right i am off to find Bodge and give him a slap

Regards

Lloyd

Here's Connie! Even the tape holding the photo on was the period stuff.

And one of the wreath-laying by a veteran, also one of Lindy Lou - I was keeping an eye on the Little Patches crew to make sure one of those pipes wasn't tapped out on her hood - gotta watch them flyboys!

Tony

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00224.JPG

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

Thats my girl.....nice detail pictures....the photo actually IS "CONNIE" thats my mum Connie taken in 1944 outside her house in Milton Ernest,Beds....hence the jeeps name.

Regards

LLoyd

What a brilliant idea! (for those of us of a certain age range) :)

i like this thread somebody asked how these openers last offroad well i can tell you very well indeed i have had one on my jeep for the last fifteen years its still there and very usefull in a dark field camping when you have not quite got smashed on westons cider and you need topping up you can at least still find your jeep and hence the opener....it saves fumbling in the tent or dropping it in the grass the opener that is i never drop my cider:)

• 3 years later...

By the way fellas im back after a long abscence...:-) "CONNIE has been refurbished and redone and now looks resplendant in her new markings...the name and the Jeep is the same but i have taken her back to 1942 spec....oh and the coke bottle opener is now on the dash....;-)

Hope you guys are all well

Regards

Lloyd