bedford body

David Ives

Question

ok as most of you will know i will shortly be getting a bedford and i have to decide what body to put on it

the choices are

cargo/crew body which i would have to kit out as a display unit plus sleeping area (a lot of work)

box body which would not take a lot to change over to a display vehicle and normally has a bed in it

as a display vehicle it comes under mobile project vehicle so would need to be left permant set up

which way would you all advise as would also need to cary spare gear for the cookhouse

8 answers to this question

Why would you register it as a mobile project vehicle and limit yourself from doing what you like with it? I would get a good one with canvas, hoops and drop sides. Take these bits off and store them (it will be hard to find them should you want to in the future) and get a good box body to go on the back.

thanks for the info everyone have decided to go with a box body and set it up as a permant display

this is so i can show what would have been a command post in the 80's with a bunk set up on one side behind cupboard doors so can fold away when not in use

will have to set up a rope to go on steps but a friend can weld brackets for me for the posts to go in

as for a project vehicle when i register it i will put it under special type(display vehicle) and althougth still hgv can drive it on 7.49ton licence legally

have it in writing from dvla

thanks for all the help

thanks for the info everyone have decided to go with a box body and set it up as a permant display

this is so i can show what would have been a command post in the 80's with a bunk set up on one side behind cupboard doors so can fold away when not in use

will have to set up a rope to go on steps but a friend can weld brackets for me for the posts to go in

as for a project vehicle when i register it i will put it under special type(display vehicle) and althougth still hgv can drive it on 7.49ton licence legally

have it in writing from dvla

thanks for all the help

Did you get my PM???